Council Workshop Minutes Monday, July 23, 2018
Mayor Redfern called the meeting to order. Present were Chris Rice, Scott Locke, Bill Hampton, Billie Smith, Chris Mohler, and John Loomis. Tom Collins was present. Officer Brian Bell was present as well.
- Mayor Redfern asked Tom to start first being that the gentleman first on Brittany’s agenda wasn’t present yet.
- First item on Tom’s agenda was regarding 228 W Brown Street to let Council know that this property has been cleaned up. The Village Solicitor will have paperwork the next meeting to assess a lien to that property.
- Next item on his agenda was to let Council know that Southeastern Electric has established new service for the Village for both the Street Garage and Service Garage. Both of these were previously serviced from the Old Municipal Building.
- The last item on his agenda was to let Council know that the bids were due today for the Morgan County Reservoir property but no bids were turned in. Tom stated that the reasoning could be discussed later under Real Estate.
- First item on Brittany’s agenda was Mr. Tom Bolyard who was not present to discuss his concerns with Council.
- Next item was the Fund Summary Report that was updated at the end of the day with most transfers done and all bills paid.
- Council was given the Community Service report to review. Tom explained to Council that Jerry has only had one worker and this was the HAPCAP worker.
- Chris Rice stated that someone cleaned the Rec Center and it looked really nice and would like to thank them.
Mayor Redfern explained that there was a complaint received today regarding Village Council and replacing Mr. Dennis with Mr. Mohler to fill the unexpired term. This citizen thought that the process that was taken was against the ORC. Mayor Redfern contacted the Board of Elections to ask them. Under Statutory Village, which Crooksville is, election for the remainder of the unexpired term is not required. The process taken was correct and Mr. Mohler does not have to run for re-election until the unexpired term is up and Mayor Redfern only has to send a copy of the minutes showing approval to the Board of Elections.
Council went into Executive Session per ORC 121.22 (G) (1) for Personnel and ORC 121.22 (G) (2) for Real Estate.
Council is out of executive session with no decisions made.
Rocky Chevalier was present to discuss with Council some of his concerns in the Village. He had a complaint about the fire hydrant on Main Street that is leaking. This is being fixed when the waterline crew goes through but he stated that thousands of gallons of water is going down the drain and this should be fixed. He also had a complaint about the parking of a Village vehicle across from the Municipal Building. Mayor Redfern stated that these concerns will be looked into and adjourned the meeting.
Brittany Ross Fred Redfern
Fiscal Officer Mayor