Council Workshop Minutes Monday, January 26, 2015
Mayor Lantz called the meeting to order. Present were Fred Redfern, Chris Rice, Bill Dennis, Jan Driggs, Bill Hampton, and Chris Mohler. Brittany Ross was absent. Tom Collins was present.
- Tom brought the contract for Council to review that we will have with 93 Computers for computer services/ repair. Council discussed the reviews they have heard about this business from other businesses and people. They discussed changing the terms from 15 days to 30 days to pay based on how our bills are approved to be paid.
- Next item to discuss was Wilson Street in regards to where we are on progress. Tom stated that he spoke to Linn Engineering and they should be ready to start advertising for bids mid-February.
- Tom stated that an estimate has been given to Council for a drench deck from OP Aquatics. This would cost approximately $80,000. It was discussed in further detail on what should happen with the baby pool and what steps or options could be done. Fred Redfern suggested putting money back this year and next year move forward with what should happen with the baby pool. Tom suggested looking at possible grants that we could use for this. Council discussed this in further detail.
- Tom stated that he has given Council a copy of the ad he placed on OTCO website for a Class I Operator.
- He stated that the last item on his agenda is in regards to the easements that IBI Group need because they need these done as soon as possible to move forward.
- Mayor Lantz stated that he spoke to a friend of his about the traffic light on the corner of Star Street and Main Street. This friend recommended a couple of contractors and the ballpark figure to replace everything would be around $100,000. Fred feels that it should only need rewired and tightened up and that the controls probably still work. Tom stated that there are no employees that are qualified to work on these and will have to contract it out. This was discussed in further detail about what actions need to be taken next.
- Assistant Fire Chief Mark Dalrymple was present to discuss with Council about getting keyless entry on three doors that does not run off of electric. It was discussed about replacing the locks on the doors over at the Fire Department. Mayor Lantz stated that he brought it to Council based on the cost of getting this done at $2,300 with it being installed.
- Police Chief Walters stated that he wanted to have more available for Council but they have been busy and didn’t get everything done that he wanted. He stated that Brandon Eveland was present for Mayor Lantz to swear in.
- Council went into executive session.
Council is out of executive session with no decisions made.
Fred Redfern stated that the least paid Mayor was $1,200 and most make around $3,000 per year. New Lexington is set at $7,800 per year. Council discussed in further detail what the Mayor’s pay should be set at. Tom stated that if you paid the Mayor $600 per month, they would still get full credit for PERS each year and this would be at $7,200.00 per year. This is to be put on the agenda for next week to be approved.
Mayor Lantz adjourned the meeting.
Brittany Ross Darrell Lantz
Fiscal Officer Mayor