Council Workshop Minutes Monday, February 9, 2015
Chris Mohler called the meeting to order. Present were Fred Redfern, Chris Rice, Bill Dennis, and Bill Hampton. Mayor Lantz and Jan Driggs were absent. Tom Collins was present.
- Brittany Ross stated that Council had been given a Fund Summary Report that was updated this afternoon with all bills paid and all transfers done.
- She stated that Council had been given a copy of the Burr Oak bill which is about $5,000 more than last month at 1.1 million gallons more.
Jan Driggs is here.
- Brittany let Council know that the required Fiscal Officer’s training will be April 1st and 2nd and it is $175 a person at the Hyatt Regency in Columbus. She asked Council if Angel should go. Tom believes that she should because he would like everyone to cross train. Council agreed with the cross training and would like her to go.
- She stated that there is still no update from the State Auditor’s Office and that she called again to put in another help ticket.
- Tom stated that Alan Brown from IBI Group recommends using Terracon Consultants, Inc. to provide geotechnical engineering recommendations for proposed water tank site on East Hill to get the lower elevation.
- Next he stated that Tim Linn is aware that paving is wanted done in regards to Wilson Street from the beginning of the project to State Street. Have to look at the price once we get in proposals from contractors. He asked if the money was put back for this project and Brittany stated that it was.
- He stated that he and Tim will be getting quotes to replace the S-10.
- He stated that on Monday we can declare the Red Chevrolet utility, White Chevrolet meter truck, and the S-10 as surplus and put it on GovDeals.
- The next item was signage that Tom had Hillbilly Graphix put together that matches what we have on utility bills to put on the sides of our trucks. He wanted Council’s thoughts on this.
- Tom stated that we received a letter back from Sarah from EPA on what concerns need addressed before our loan with the waterline project.
- The last item on his agenda was concerns and clarification for William Cox and Steve Schillings in regards to their water/sewer abandonment problems. One feels that since he is not using that tap, it is considered abandoned and the tap is the Village’s not his. The other states that he is not using the water but he does still have the services. Tom brought it to Council for the simple fact that he told them he would. Council stated that this cannot be changed in regards to the rules for abandonment.
- Police Chief Rodney Walters stated that they passed the OHLEG State audit last week and that they received the training money in. He stated that he had also given Council a copy of the 2014 statistics as well as an inventory list. Along with this was a copy of the 2014 breakdown for Mayor’s Court.
- Bill Dennis stated that he would like to propose cutting Council’s pay by $100 a month since the Mayor’s pay was cut. Fred Redfern agreed with this and Chris Rice disagreed. Bill Hampton stated that as much time as he volunteers for the Rec Center he would not be willing to agree to cut Council’s pay. Fred Redfern and Bill Hampton had a debate on Council being accountable. Fred Redfern feels that Council is not being held accountable as a whole for the town being in the shape it is and Bill Hampton disagreed and feels that Council is and improvements that need done depend on revenue available and it is growing and we are able to do more. Council discussed this in further detail.
- Council discussed the properties that Police Officer Corder is taking care of through work orders.
- Jan Driggs feels that Council does a great job at taking care of things.
Chris Mohler adjourned the meeting.
Brittany Ross Chris Mohler
Fiscal Officer President Pro Tem