Council Workshop Minutes Monday, February 13, 2017
Mayor Redfern called the meeting to order. Present were Chris Rice, Scott Locke, Bill Hampton, Jan Driggs, and Billie Smith. Tom Collins was present. Chris Mohler was absent.
- First item on Brittany’s agenda was a Fund Summary Report that was updated throughout the end of the day.
- Next on the agenda was to inform Council that there were 18 fire runs and 101 EMS runs for January per Ralph.
- Next item on the agenda was a discussion on the Emergency Networking Program. Mayor Redfern explained to Council that we have paid four months and didn’t remember Ralph telling them that this would be billed monthly based on number of runs they put into the cloud. He wanted to make sure Council was aware of this and realized we pay a monthly fee above what was paid for the equipment. This was discussed in further detail. Mayor Redfern stated that he will speak to Ralph about this.
Chris Mohler is now present.
- Last item on Brittany’s agenda was to review the Ordinances on Establishing Parking Regulations. Council was given a copy of Ordinance 982 from 1971 showing the regulations for the streets within the Village. A couple people have had complaints about parking. Council discussed this in detail because on both complaints, the streets in question have regulations of no parking on street. Council needs to revisit this list and possibly make some changes. Mayor Redfern stated that one person complaining stated that they found over 40 places where vehicles are parked illegally.
- Tom stated that the first item on his agenda was a discussion about the annual fees and insurance premiums associated with the new waterline easement and railroad crossing. He explained that this would be $620 annually for each crossing and an increase in insurance premium of $3,000 annually to meet the railroad requirements. Tom explained that there is no way around paying it, just wanted to let them know.
- Next item on his agenda is for Council to look over the application for water and sewer that was presented for 101 School Drive. The tenant came in to apply for service but there is a problem with utility bills owed from the owner and whether or not a water tap is already in at that service address. This was discussed in further detail. Tom stated that he has to have the guys check and see if this was ever hooked up, he didn’t think that it was but the guys didn’t have time to do today because they were putting in a water tap. Chris Rice stated that he would like to wait for an opinion from Jan. You cannot deny them service if the service is already available, but if it would need a tap, that is something the owner would have to take care of.
- Tom stated that either tomorrow or Wednesday the Rec Center will have all three doors rekeyed and will be keyed the same with a guarantee that the keys cannot be duplicated. He stated that it will be up to Council on how they want them dispersed and the Mayor will be taking care of this. Bill Hampton suggested stamping numbers on the keys as well as having a sign out sheet with a waiver form holding the key holder responsible for their own program and not sharing it. Council discussed the charges for age groups. Mayor Redfern explained that something has to be done to try and recoup some of the loss for the Rec Center for people not paying for their usage of the Rec Center.
- Council was given a copy of what the new weight limit signs would look like with the new weights on them for Industrial Drive and North Buckeye Street. Council discussed the changes to the weight limits in further detail. Tom stated that someone will have to pass this change on to Cerco about the weight limit changes.
- Police Chief Walters stated that he had a gentleman apply for the Police Auxiliary and would have him come to the next regular meeting. This gentleman is a 20 year veteran from Licking County that is retired and lives in Zanesville.
- Council went into executive session per ORC 121.22 (G) (2) for Real Estate.
Council is out of executive session with no decisions made.
Mayor Redfern adjourned the meeting.
Brittany Ross Fred Redfern
Fiscal Officer Mayor