02-22-2016 Council Workshop Minutes

Council Workshop Minutes    Monday, February 22, 2016

Mayor Redfern called the meeting to order. Present were Chris Rice, Scott Locke, Bill Hampton, Billie Smith, Jan Driggs and Chris Mohler. Tom Collins was present.

  1. Andrew Kimble with Kimble Recycling and Disposal was present to discuss with Council what his company is about and what they can do for the Village.
  2. Shellie Anderson with B.A. Disposal was present to discuss with Council her position if the bid would be awarded to one company. She voiced her opinion on the bid packet and her concerns with being able to meet the criteria presented in it.
  3. Council was given a copy of the Fund Summary Report that was updated at the end of the day.
  4. Next on the agenda was a discussion on the pool rates and having a discount rate for Military Veterans/ Active Duty & Families. Council discussed this and thought that 15% would be good and asked to have this on the agenda for approval at the next Council meeting.
  5. Brittany informed Council that the Audit for 2014-2015 is set to begin on March 21st. She explained that this will be the same group as prior one.
  6. Last item on her agenda was if there was any more discussion on the trash contracts.
  7. Mayor Redfern discussed with Council about having a free swim on the Saturday of the Pottery Festival and if there was a need for more port-o-lets.
  8. Tom stated that the first item on his agenda is that there will be no notifications of shut offs for the water in regards to the delinquent bills for anyone. He stated that it will be included in the water bill and on the run around that nobody will be notified.
  9. Next item on the agenda is a discussion/explanation on scrap metal. This is the walkway out at the water plant and will not ever be used. This will be dismantled and sold for scrap.
  10. Next on the agenda is the 2016 Hit List for Council to discuss. Some of these items have been completed but more is still being done. Tom asked Council to look it over at the projects that they are going to try and complete this year. This was discussed in further detail.
  11. The last item on Tom’s agenda is in regards to the Archeological Proposal that needs to be done for the new tank on the hill to be completed. This will be the area out along 93 as well as down towards the Eagles. This has to be completed as a requirement for a grant. Chris Mohler asked if the cost of this archeological survey was included in the grant money and Tom replied that this will be reimbursed. Mayor Redfern asked about our responsibility in regards to the old tank and Tom explained that we have to take the dirt and fill the old one. Tom stated that someone needs to contact the property owners about this survey being done. Chris Rice stated that if a list was put together he and Chris Mohler would go take care of this.
  12. Mayor Redfern discussed what needs to be done with Lake #1 and #2 and what was supposed to be done in regards to EPA. He will be trying to get community workers to help clean this up. This will make the property look better if we want to advertise for sale. This was discussed in further detail.
  13. Shellie Anderson stated that Mr. Yoder bought property out by there and that we should make sure that he didn’t go to our property. Tom stated that there is still timber there and he has spoken to Mr. Yoder before about purchasing this property.
  14. Mayor Redfern stated that he was out by the Water Plant and the road is flooding where the bridge is at. The debris is piling up before it even gets to the bridge and is flooding the road. Something needs to be done about this and just from the snow melting, this flooded. Tom stated that he would contact Mr. Schilling about the debris lying on our right of way.
  15. Council was given a copy of the Community Service report for the prior month.
  16. Chris Mohler asked if we are participating in the OWDA interest rate buy down. Mayor Redfern stated that he received a letter from them and this is benefiting the Village with an interest rate cut.
  17. Bill Hampton asked about the waterline project and the funding and wanted to see what the rundown would be for this. Tom explained that we are number one on the Corp of Engineer’s list. If they would grandfather us in on the 30% principal forgiveness then it will be great. We have to wait until the end of them month before we know where we stand on timing with funding.

Mayor reminded Council to read the email that Jan sent out regarding voting.

Mayor Redfern adjourned the meeting.

__________________________                              _________________________

Brittany Ross                                                              Fred Redfern

Fiscal Officer                                                              Mayor