03-13-2017 Council Workshop Minutes

Council Workshop Minutes    Monday, March 13, 2017

Mayor Redfern called the meeting to order. Present were Chris Rice, Scott Locke, Bill Hampton, Billie Smith, Jan Driggs and Chris Mohler. Tom Collins was present.

  1. First item on Brittany’s agenda was a Fund Summary Report that had been updated at the end of the day.
  2. Next item on the agenda was a discussion on the Volunteer Peace Officers Dependent Fund. Police Chief Walters explained to Council after receiving word back from Ohio Dept. of Commerce, he needs two additional members added to the board with one being another legislative position. He explained that he would like to nominate Brittany Ross, since she takes care of the payments and finance side already as well as Scott Locke from Council. If Council agrees, he would like this to be added to the agenda for approval Monday night. Police Chief Walters explained that we received grant money for the traffic accident investigation kits for each office computers as well as 3 e-ticket writers. The only thing we will need to purchase is the magnetic strips for the e-ticket writers which will cost about $49 a piece. This will save a lot of time as you scan driver’s license and prints the ticket instead of having to take the time and hand write them.
  3. A discussion on selling the old weights from the Rec Center 2nd floor weight room was next on the agenda. Bill Hampton explained that he feels like we should close that 2nd floor weight room up since so much has been getting stolen out of there and sell what we can. Chris Rice explained that he has someone interested in purchasing. This was discussed in further detail and Chris Rice will get with Tom on the inventory of what is down there to see what the next steps will be to adding it to Gov Deals. Tom explained that it does not have to be declared surplus until it is over $1,000.00.
  4. Last item on her agenda was a discussion on whether Council would like to purchase a sponsorship ad with the Perry County Tribune. This is not something that Council feels needs to be done.
  5. Tom stated that the first item on his agenda is regarding a property survey for Jason and Heather Hammers at 129 Moore Street. The garage/ building encroach on the Village Property. The Real Estate agent is requiring Council to approve a variance. He stated that he will give this to Jan to look over and have something ready for the meeting on Monday for approval.
  6. Tom stated that the next item on his agenda was to discuss a Nature Works Grant. He explained that for most things we would like to do, there is not enough funds but after discussing with Mayor, they thought it would be good to get a prefabricated restroom facility for the Village Park. Tom explained how this would be done and ties into the lines in further detail. He asked to have this on the agenda for approval Monday night. This would fall in the $30-$40,000 range. Mayor Redfern explained that he would like to try and get grant money for this.
  7. Next item on his agenda was a discussion on the bridge at the Water Treatment Plant. Tom explained that with as wet as it is, nothing can get down in there. He will have to go along and try and see what is causing the problem. He stated that we probably will not get any equipment down in there until there is a dry spell, probably around August.
  8. Council went into Executive Session per ORC 121.22 (G) (1) Personnel.
  9. Council is out of executive session with no decisions made.

Mayor Redfern explained he received a letter from ODOT regarding a couple of the Village’s parcels that they will need while working on the Main Street Bridge project. Tom explained that this will be used for them to establish temporary power during this project. This was discussed in further detail.

Mayor Redfern explained that he sent Jan Baughman an email regarding all the projects that needs done that has been worked on to try and get back on track with all of these. This will help everyone so we can move through this list and get some completed.

Mayor Redfern adjourned the meeting.

 

__________________________                              _________________________

Brittany Ross                                                              Fred Redfern

Fiscal Officer                                                              Mayor