Council Workshop Minutes Monday, March 14, 2016
Mayor Redfern called the meeting to order. Present were Chris Rice, Scott Locke, Bill Hampton, Billie Smith, Jan Driggs and Chris Mohler. Tom Collins was present.
- Brittany stated that the first item on her agenda was the Fund Summary Report. She stated that revenue was entered throughout the end of the day as well as all bills paid and transfers done.
- Next on her agenda was a review of Pool applications if Council wanted to look through them. She stated that there were 2 applicants for the Pool Manager/ Asst. Manager and 5 applicants for lifeguards so far. Bill Hampton stated that he will take flyers out to the school.
- She asked Council about the trash hauler permits and what to do; if they wanted them sent to commercial account holders or all. Mayor Redfern stated that he received a call about permits this week and Council discussed sending these out to all trash haulers like normal and if we need to pro-rate the fee back, we will to refund it if needed. Brittany will have Angel get these ready and they will be sent out this week.
- Last item on her agenda was a discussion on EMS regarding an oversight on a couple employees’ checks. They did not get the raise on their check and she stated that they will be getting them a check for what they were not paid back to when it should have taken place.
- Mayor Redfern asked Council about procedures on how to handle accounts that already have a contract with a hauler as well as having a complaint procedure in place.
- Mayor Redfern discussed making the trash hauler having a single axle truck for hauling trash. This was discussed in further detail.
- Fire/EMS Chief Ralph Hill was present to let Council know that the following week there will be another person to be voted on for Fire/EMS. He discussed the updates with Commercial Electronics and reprogramming the portables as well as explaining the next steps with the gas leak with Columbia Gas.
- Chief Walters gave Council a copy of the Mayor’s Court Report for February. Chief Walters stated that they need new Tasers as theirs is outdated and had Ted Thompson present to join Police Auxiliary.
- Tom stated that AEP is renewing their Staging Area permit.
- He discussed with Council about the Ohio Exchange Facilities Network and the permit they are trying to obtain. Council stated that they would like a representative there to discuss with them what all they do.
- The last item on his agenda was regarding Heritage Hall and to verify that they wanted the property advertised for sale along with this.
Mayor Redfern adjourned the meeting.
Brittany Ross Fred Redfern
Fiscal Officer Mayor