Council Workshop Minutes Monday, March 23, 2015
Chris Mohler called the meeting to order. Present were Fred Redfern, Chris Rice, Bill Hampton, Bill Dennis and Jan Driggs. Mayor Lantz was absent. Tom Collins was present.
- Brittany stated that she has provided Council with an updated Fund Summary Report that has all revenue through the end of the day as well as all transfers and bills paid.
- Tom stated that first on his agenda was to let Council know that the Wilson Street Contracts were ready to be signed by the Mayor and given to Solicitor to get these done. Chris Mohler stated that the Mayor explained to him that he would be down around lunchtime tomorrow to take care of this.
- Tom stated that the next thing is just to let Council know that we now have Fiber Optics in the building at no cost. He explained that this could make it to where we could get ball games and other things available for the television. Fred Redfern asked about getting the recorded video of Council meetings on the run around as well. Council discussed in further detail about what all could be done with this being installed.
- He stated that the last item he had to discuss was that he had given Council a quote from HD Supply for the purchase of 200 radio read meters with software and GPS receiver. It was discussed on where these would go and the process of getting them installed. This will make us able to read meters while driving down street, it will just pull them in instead of the meter reader walking around getting them. Tom stated that if Council agrees to buy the meters, the meter reader will choose the best location for these to be placed.
- Fred Redfern asked about the mag meters we still have and if we would be able to get bids to get these two mag meters installed. Tom stated that the mag meters are included with the waterline project that will be coming up. It will need to be done to allow workers to know which side of the town the leak would be coming from. Joe Burkhart asked if this will be a meter for each side of town. Tom explained this in further detail.
- Chris Mohler explained that there was a letter from EPA addressed to Village Council and Mayor in regards to a public notice about surface water. Tom stated that this is in regards to the new mining pit that they are putting out there and this would have no effect on us.
Council went into executive session per ORC 121.22 G (1) Personnel Employment.
Council is out of executive session with no decisions made.
Chris Mohler adjourned the meeting.
Brittany Ross Chris Mohler
Fiscal Officer President Pro Tem