Council Workshop Minutes Monday, March 27, 2017
Mayor Redfern called the meeting to order. Present were Chris Rice, Scott Locke, Bill Hampton, Billie Smith, and Chris Mohler. Tom Collins was present. Jan Driggs was absent.
- First item on Brittany’s agenda was a Fund Summary Report that had been updated at the end of the day.
- Next item on the agenda was a discussion on Cloud Backups available for the Server. There were a few options and Council asked for the Carbonite E2 solution to be on the agenda for approval. This is also the one that George recommended.
- First item on Tom’s agenda was an FYI that the Waterline Project Meeting will be held on Thursday, March 30th at 2:00pm if anyone would like to attend. All parties representing the funding agencies will be present.
- Tom discussed the project regarding the restroom facilities and Alan was going to get back with them later on this. This was discussed in further detail.
- The next item on his agenda was regarding the Storm Drain Repair that needs done. It is causing flooding on the North side of Keystone Street. The owner agreed to allow us on their property to take care of this problem.
- Mayor Redfern discussed with Council that the bridge out on Tunnel Hill Road by the Water plant will need taken care of this year. This was discussed in further detail.
- Mayor Redfern brought up the idea of adding storm drain fee so if we need to replace catch basins, etc. we will have money put back to take care of this.
- Mayor Redfern discussed with Council the scheduling for the Rec Center. He stated that there is supposed to be a committee set up for this. We need a contact person to schedule all the events. Tom stated that we will take care of the parties but that is all.
- Mayor Redfern explained that he gave a letter to Cerco concerning the weight limits and letting them know that they will need to reroute the trucks. They did not like this. Our weight limits need to be changed according to ODOT and this is causing issues with Emergency Vehicles going across this. This was discussed in further detail.
- Police Chief Walters discussed the laptops that they will be receiving and will purchase a third one. He is going to look into software so that the reports will print out with a copy of the ticket. He explained this in further detail.
- Jerry Marks explained that he responded to an alarm going off at the Water Plant because there was a leak and this is what set the alarm off.
- They discussed ATVs being on the main roads and if this was allowed. They are only allowed to go to and from Gas Stations and to and from a designated area. This was discussed in further detail.
- Chris Mohler wanted to make sure that Council still was okay with the Free Swim being held on the 24th of June for the Independence Day Celebration. This is the 300 year anniversary for the Modern Masonry in Ohio.
- The Pottery Festival is being held in Roseville this year.
Mayor Redfern adjourned the meeting.
Brittany Ross Fred Redfern
Fiscal Officer Mayor