Council Workshop Minutes Monday, April 11, 2016
Mayor Redfern called the meeting to order. Present were Chris Rice, Scott Locke, Bill Hampton, Billie Smith, Jan Driggs and Chris Mohler. Tom Collins was present. Brittany Ross was absent.
- Corlyn Altier was present to give an update to Council through the end of March for EMS Billing. She explained that revenue is down by about 9% over last year.
- Next, Council was given a Fund Summary Report that was updated with all revenue entered as well as all bills paid and transfers done.
- Council has been given a copy of the Fire/EMS Run Report through March.
- The next item on the agenda is a discussion on the EMS hours. Mayor Redfern explained what Chief Hill had presented Council and what needed to be done to get the hours changed. Mayor Redfern explained that if all of the people are paying into PERS, they are in one category and it is up to the Village and we are okay as long as the hours are changed.
- Mayor Redfern stated that there were two people present that would like to join Crooksville Part Time EMS. Don Abram was present to introduce himself to Council as well as Patty Blackburn.
- Discussion on the pool was next on the agenda. Council discussed a projected opening date of May 27th. Tom stated that he will discuss with Tim Bobb on when he thinks everything can be done to get the pool open. Chris Rice stated that the managers need to make sure they can get everything done for this opening date as well.
- Tom stated that the first item on his agenda is an FYI for Council on the Dam fees for the three reservoirs.
- The next item on his agenda is a discussion on vacating lower part of Brown Street. Tom stated that it probably would be a good idea to have Jan research on why the first 25’ was vacated. It was discussed on making sure that an easement is obtained if this is what Council wants to do.
- The last item on his agenda was a review on the trash ordinance for Council. Mayor Redfern asked if Council agreed on the first three paragraphs. Mayor Redfern read over the ordinance with Council and discussed what was okay to move forward with and what needed to be looked at in further detail. Each part was reviewed by Council so they could make sure they understood. Scott Locke stated that his main concern is who is going to enforce these rules and who will pick up the trash. Chris Rice stated that they would have to be cited into court before we could do anything. This was all discussed in further detail. Tom stated that Council needed to refer back to the proposal because that would answer a lot of their questions. Council wants all four documents put together as a packet and sent for them to look over and discuss.
- Mayor Redfern stated that Council needs to go into executive session to discuss possible litigation.
Council is out of executive session with no decisions made.
Mayor Redfern stated that he will have one trash hauling permit to bring up next Monday night.
Scott Locke and Chris Rice stated that they will get together and get through the entire packet and find differences to make sure everything is in order and matches.
Mayor Redfern adjourned the meeting.
Brittany Ross Fred Redfern
Fiscal Officer Mayor