Council Workshop Minutes Monday, April 13, 2015
Mayor Lantz called the meeting to order. Present were Fred Redfern, Chris Rice, Bill Hampton, Bill Dennis, Jan Driggs, and Chris Mohler. Tom Collins was present.
- Brittany stated that she has provided Council with an updated Fund Summary Report that has all revenue through the end of the day as well as all transfers and bills paid.
- She explained to Council that the total due for the Ohio BWC Premium was $28,907.48. She stated that only 45% is due by May 15th but she is going to pay the total and this will give us a small discount.
- Brittany told Council that in regards to Pool Managers, there were only a couple applications turned in and only about four applications turned in for lifeguard. Chris Mohler stated that this needs put on the runaround channel that we will take applications until two weeks from today, which would be the 27th of April. Bill Hampton stated that he would take a flyer out to the school to hang up.
- She stated that the last item on her agenda was a discussion on trash haulers insurance and whether it needs raised to $1 million and if the Village should be named as additional insured. Fred Redfern stated that he would like to see it go to one trash hauler as well as Jan Driggs. Council agreed that it would be a good idea for both and to have this done as an emergency. Brittany stated that she will talk to Jan Baughman about the changes Council wants to make to the trash ordinance.
- Tom stated that first on his agenda was to discuss with Council the Mayor’s Court issue in regards to combining Mayor’s Court between Crooksville and Roseville. Police Chief Rodney Walters explained that he will need to discuss this with Jan again because he is stating that it would still be separate dockets but done in the same room. He feels that she may have misinterpreted what he was asking and would get a hold of her.
- He stated that the last item he had to discuss the LMI Survey that needs to be done. Lisa has put together the addresses and we need a person ASAP to do the survey. The application needs to be turned in by July 1st. This was discussed in further detail about what it would entail and who could possibly complete these surveys for the Village.
- Mayor Lantz stated that Richard Cline was present and would like to join Crooksville Police Auxiliary. He previously worked for New Lex Police Department and was laid off. Chief Walters thinks that he would be a great addition to the Auxiliary.
- Brian Randolph was present and wanted to discuss with Council about bringing some events to Crooksville and what he could put the donations towards to help the community and the Village. Examples of things he would like to do include a Halloween Festival or Blankets for Veterans. Tom asked if the grass was going to get mowed up there at the old school. Brian stated that it is going to be and he is going to try and get plexiglass in the windows to close them up.
- Ruth McClain asked when they will be starting to work on Wilson Street and asked if the contractor knows that it has already fallen. Tom stated that the contractor did not know yet but he can say something to him about it and that they have a set time to have this done by. Bob McClain stated that the Village had the wall cleaned up within 20 minutes after he called and he thought they did a good job.
- Fred Redfern stated that he wanted to bring up spring clean-up. Mayor Lantz stated that he is going to try and do this again this year and is working with Pat to get this done. He stated that he would have to check schedules and are looking at the 3rd week in May.
- Fred Redfern asked if there have been any complaints about the traffic lights on Main Street right there at Star Street. Jan Driggs stated that Joanne Boring came to her house to discuss with her about a few things. Fred stated that he heard a few different suggestions including making it a three way stop, putting the light back up, or to keep it as is. Council discussed the parking issues that needs addressed around town.
Council went into executive session per ORC 121.22 G (1) Personnel.
Council is out of executive session with no decisions made.
Tom stated that he received a letter today from Trident regarding the equipment that was taken. They want more questions answered and a bunch of papers to fill out for insurance. Tom stated that he would make a copy of what he was sent and Police Chief Walters stated that he will look at it.
Mayor Lantz adjourned the meeting.
Brittany Ross Darrell Lantz
Fiscal Officer Mayor