Council Workshop Minutes Monday, April 25, 2016
Mayor Redfern called the meeting to order. Present were Chris Rice, Scott Locke, Bill Hampton, Billie Smith, Jan Driggs and Chris Mohler. Tom Collins was present.
- James Justice was present to discuss with Council his complaint on the property next door to his at 245 Cemetery Street. He stated that they did not follow the ordinances when installing this and it violates many parts. He explained that he would like to get this worked out with Village Council on how they plan to take care of the violation and if he has to; he will have his legal representation take care of this. Council stated that they will go back to that permit that was issued and look at it and see what can be done or what happened. Tom explained that the Village Solicitor will have to look into this as well and will get back with him as soon as they get an answer and his attorney should get ahold of ours to discuss it.
- Brittany explained that Council has been given a copy of the Fund Summary Report that was updated throughout the end of the day with all transfers done and bills paid.
- Ralph Hill was present to discuss with Council his updates with Fire and EMS. He discussed paying off the squad and would like for this to be on the agenda for approval. Fred Redfern asked Ralph to explain about a Purchase Order that he turned in about new software. Ralph explained that this would make the reporting all electronic and all run sheets would be included in this. It would make it easier for Corlyn to upload run sheets and save paper cost. He explained this in further detail and that it cost approximately $850 start up and maybe $250 a month. This would be more cost efficient and more effective and time friendly. Ralph explained that the marcs repeaters are in all the trucks and are programmed to where if it is switched to the repeater channel it is 98% guarantee that you will be talking to someone.
- Mayor Redfern stated that one of the units that responded to the gas leak wanted to know about when they would be getting reimbursed. Ralph stated that he is working on this and there are multiple units that he is taking care of.
- Mayor Redfern stated that he wanted to let council know that the Mayor’s Association of Ohio Conference will be held June 15th through the 17th and that he would like to go. He explained that he would have this information to Council next Monday night. Council felt that there was nothing else to discuss.
- Last item on the agenda was if Council wanted to discuss trash hauling any more.
- Renee Booher was present, who lives at 211 W Main Street and she had a complaint with her neighbor’s fence. She explained that they put the fence up about 1- 1 ½ years ago and the good side is in and people keep walking through her yard. She stated that she has tried to talking to them about the fence but it has done her no good. Council stated that this seems like a civil matter. It will be checked to see if a permit was done for this.
- Chief Walters reminded Council that the Peace Officers Dependent Fund Board needs set up. Mayor Redfern explained that Jan is working on this.
- Chris Mohler gave Council an overview for the 2015 Cemetery Report. He gave Council an overview of the beginning and ending balances as well as the services that were done and any money that may have been brought in. The ending balance was $205,000 after expenses.
Mayor Redfern adjourned the meeting.
Brittany Ross Fred Redfern
Fiscal Officer Mayor