Council Workshop Minutes Monday, April 27, 2015
Mayor Lantz called the meeting to order. Present were Fred Redfern, Chris Rice, Bill Hampton, Bill Dennis, and Chris Mohler. Tom Collins was present. Jan Driggs was absent.
- Chris Mohler was present with the 2014 Cemetery Report with a total income for the year of $79,094.19 and expenses of $71,338.96. There were a total of 14 Burials and 6 cremations.
- Brittany stated that she has provided Council with an updated Fund Summary Report that has all revenue through the end of the day as well as all transfers and bills paid.
- Ralph was present to give updates for Fire and EMS. He stated that he would have the end of the month reports next week. He discussed his meetings set up with the trustees for contracts with townships. Chief Hill asked Council about getting a building for storage of equipment and other items for $3,255. He discussed with Council in further detail about what all uses he would have for this building.
- She stated that they had an estimate for the new copier that cost $4,960.00 and all the options available for purchasing this with all the advantages that it would have.
- Tom stated that the first item on his agenda was in regards to the health nuisance and Police Chief Walters would explain what this was in regards to. He explained that this covers more than our Ordinance and what all this Ordinance includes compared to ours. Fred Redfern stated that we needed to compare this to the Ohio Basic Code so we do not interfere with what we already have. Council discussed this in further detail in comparison to the County.
- Next he brought up to Council about the water tap on Watt Hill to add Steve Alloway to the pump station.
- Tom stated that the next thing was a discussion on Flint Ridge Waterline Extension. He stated that after discussing this with Alan from IBI and EPA’s concerns, he feels that right now he would advise against it.
- Tom stated that Council had in front of them the F550 dump truck from Valley Ford that would be purchased through Ford Motor Credit and be split between Street, Water & Sewer with annual payments. He stated that once we sell the three trucks this will free up needed garage space and there would be no CDL requirement. This was discussed in further detail.
- Tom stated that the last item on his agenda was in regards to the LMI Survey and who would be doing this. Fire/EMS Chief Ralph Hill stated that his employees could possibly do this on their down time. Council discussed this further with Chief Hill on what the requirements are and what has to be done.
- Joe Burkhart asked Council about the parking on Main Street. Police Chief Walters stated that they marked the lines and discussed what they were doing in regards to parking spaces and what was to come. It was also asked if the crosswalk had to be there.
- Fred Redfern discussed with Council the Village Trash Pickup and having one trash hauler for the entire Village. He stated that he spoke with South Zanesville and New Lex about how they did their bids and having one trash hauler. Council discussed this in further detail about what all needed to be included in ours and decided to revisit this at the next workshop after all of Council had time to look over South Zanesville and New Lex’s and see what we would need to have.
- Fred Redfern recommended Council looking at Wilson Street while its tore apart and stated that something needed to be done about restricting weight so it doesn’t get tore up any more.
Council went into executive session.
Council is out of executive session with no decisions made.
Mayor Lantz adjourned the meeting.
Brittany Ross Darrell Lantz
Fiscal Officer Mayor