Council Workshop Minutes Monday, May 11, 2015
Mayor Lantz called the meeting to order. Present were Fred Redfern, Chris Rice, Bill Hampton, Jan Driggs, Bill Dennis, and Chris Mohler. Tom Collins was present.
- Brittany stated that she has provided Council with an updated Fund Summary Report that has all revenue through the end of the day as well as all transfers and bills paid.
- She stated that Council has been given a copy of the Burr Oak Bill.
- Carla from South East Ohio Food bank would like to use the Park to pass out boxes to low income senior citizens because their previous place will no longer be available. This would be for an hour and a half every other month. Council stated that they could use the Rec Center parking lot as this may work better and be easier.
- Tom stated that someone was supposed to be here to represent the Anchor Church to discuss demolition and abandonment of a building and utilities but were not present.
- Tom stated that the next item on his agenda was to discuss Wilson Street and whether or not to have a load limit and if it should be one way. Council discussed this in further detail and stated that this will have to be enforced to make sure everyone is abiding by this.
- Next item on his agenda was the Local Officials Course that half of Council was to complete to help with the Principal Forgiveness qualifications for the Waterline Project. Tom stated that Fred Redfern has already taken this and Chris Rice has been working on this but a third person on Council needs to take this. Bill Hampton stated that he would be willing to complete this.
- The next item on his agenda was in regards to Trident Insurance and Police Chief Walters stated that he is taking care of this.
- Police Chief Walters stated that he would like to get started on painting the curbs up on Main Street.
- Brittany stated that the last item on her agenda is the discussion on changing the Ordinance to regulate the number of trash haulers in the Village and having one trash hauler for the Village in whole. Fred Redfern asked Council to refer to New Lex and South Zanesville bid documents.
- Julie Ward with RCAP and Susan Applegate Ohio EPA was present to discuss with Council about the Waterline Project and what all questions and concerns they have about the Village being able to pay the loan back. Susan discussed the affordability and wanted to make sure there is public involvement and for the community to see the need for it. This was discussed in further detail.
- Fred Redfern discussed the trash hauling stipulations again with Council and they decided that they would revisit this at the following workshop.
Council went into executive session for real estate.
Council is out of executive session with no decisions made.
Mayor Lantz adjourned the meeting.
Brittany Ross Darrell Lantz
Fiscal Officer Mayor