Council Workshop Minutes Monday, May 23, 2016
Mayor Redfern called the meeting to order. Present were Chris Rice, Scott Locke, Bill Hampton, Billie Smith, Jan Driggs and Chris Mohler. Tom Collins was present. Brittany Ross was absent.
- First on Tom’s agenda was information in regards to a trash truck quote that a couple of Council members asked him to put together.
- Next on his agenda was information as well as a quote for alarm replacement for with sewer pump stations because they date back to 1988 and are obsolete. The total approximate price is $5,379.00.
- The following item on the agenda was if Council wanted to discuss abolishing the temporary termination for water and sewer. Tom explained how this is becoming a problem and how it can be prevented or worked out and that this is a way of avoiding the minimum bill. Council discussed this in further detail.
- Tom stated that the next item on his agenda is a discussion of pulling service after past due reaches $2,000.00, which is the price of a water tap. Lisa has put together a sample letter for Council to look over and discuss. Council discussed this in further detail giving pros and cons with how this would work if done properly. Tom stated that he would run this by Jan to see if it can be done and get back with Council.
- Mayor Redfern stated that in regards to the pool, there is a problem with the Community Celebration because the majority of the lifeguards will be on vacation. Peggy Higgins discussed with Council about Maranda Dennis going and getting certified to help. Mayor Redfern stated that the Village would pay for this certification so that we can cover the shortage and still be able to hold the free swim for the celebration. There are still maintenance repairs going on down at the pool as well. Tom stated that the pool will not be able to open by Monday and it still has to be inspected. Peggy discussed with Council about purchasing swim suits for the life guards.
- Mayor Redfern stated that while discussing the park, Police Chief wanted to discuss with Council about the park. He stated that he has had some vandalism and would like to lock the gates at night to try and keep the problems down. He stated that he has had a problem with kids on dirt bikes as well lately. Council discussed the cameras down at the park and needing to reboot them.
- Jerry Marks discussed with Council what all community service has been done. He explained what all has been being taken care of in regards to property as well. Police Chief Walters and Jerry Marks explained to Council about having to get Jan involved with these properties in order to get anything done with them. It was discussed on putting warrants out as well as having some locked up in order to get the point across that there will be no tolerance. Mayor Redfern stated that he spoke to Family Dollar about the grass being mowed.
- Mayor Redfern discussed including portable buildings in the building permits. He stated that there are multiple problems with these.
- Mayor Redfern stated that he received a call from Shriver’s Pharmacy that they are having a health and fitness program from 6:15-7:15 on Wednesday nights and would like to use the lower parking lot for this.
- Council discussed the article in the magazine all of Council received about the place building the pole for private data exchange or whatnot. They discussed the place that approached Council a month or so ago and how that was going to ultimately affect the Village.
- Chris Mohler discussed the Community Celebration being June 25th and the Pottery Festival being the 14th-16th of July.
- The last item on his agenda is executive session per ORC 121.22 (G) (2) for Real Estate.
Council is out of executive session with no decisions made.
Mayor Redfern stated that he had a noise permit for June 11th from 11:00am to 8:00pm for the grand opening celebration of the Dairy Queen down on China Street. There will be a band present. Mayor Redfern stated that he will tell them that they can go ahead.
Mayor Redfern adjourned the meeting.
Minutes were recorded by Tom Collins.
Brittany Ross Fred Redfern
Fiscal Officer Mayor