Council Workshop Minutes Tuesday, May 26, 2015
Mayor Lantz called the meeting to order. Present were Fred Redfern, Chris Rice, Jan Driggs, and Chris Mohler. Tom Collins was present. Bill Hampton and Bill Dennis were absent.
- Brittany stated that she has provided Council with an updated Fund Summary Report that has all revenue through the end of the day as well as all transfers done and most bills paid.
- She stated that next on her agenda is a discussion on putting money back to fix the baby pool. It was discussed that to start out $1,000 a month should be transferred to the Park & Pool Star Ohio fund. This was discussed in further detail.
- Council discussed the trash hauling contract and bid documents again in regards to what the Village would want compared to the examples given by New Lex and South Zanesville. It was discussed on whether or not to include yard waste or leaf pickup. This was discussed in further detail and Fred Redfern stated that he will update what he has with changes they agreed upon and will bring back to discuss more at the next workshop.
- Tom stated that the first item on his agenda is a discussion on how much the Village would charge the Anchor Church for the utility abandonment. Council stated that $250 would be fair since they let the mobile home park do it for this amount. Chris Rice stated that they are cleaning up a property for the Village that needs done.
- Tom stated that the next item on his agenda was to discuss the out of town abandonment as they are not referenced in the rules and regulations. He asked Council what to do about this. Chris Rice stated that maybe they should have a no fee permit for this so this can be inspected.
- The next item was in regards to Wilson Street and whether or not there should be a weight limit put up. Tom stated that he knew Council discussed sending letters to the trash companies telling them to stay off Wilson Street and they still wanted this done. They agreed that a 20,000 lb. sign would be sufficient enough.
- There is a retainage that is held back for Paul Construction and Tom asked Council if they wanted this paid. He explained that Tim Linn will be inspecting the wall tomorrow and after he talks to him about this the retainage will be paid.
- He stated that the last item on his agenda is to go into executive session.
- Fred Redfern stated that he had a complaint about a house at the Corner of Burley and South State Street. There is still trash in the back of the house that needs cleaned up. He discussed this with Police Chief Walters about making sure this gets done.
- Lynn Dalrymple asked Chief Walters about the lady that lives next to him and asked when she would be cleaning her property up because they have had to get stuff out of the creek that they have thrown in there. She stated that she has made multiple complaints and no one is doing anything about it. This was discussed in further detail about the multiple properties that still need taken care of.
- Anchor Church suggested getting a list from the Village and having a few people from his church that need to complete community service and have them take care of the properties and clean them up. Fred Redfern thanked him for his suggestion.
- Fred Redfern stated that the reason the Village is looking at getting a single trash hauler is because there are close to 13 or 14 haulers in the Village and trash is not getting picked up and is setting all over the place.
Council went into executive session per ORC 121.22 (G) (1) for personnel.
Council is out of executive session with no decisions made.
Mayor Lantz adjourned the meeting.
Brittany Ross Darrell Lantz
Fiscal Officer Mayor