Council Workshop Minutes Monday, June 8, 2015
Mayor Lantz called the meeting to order. Present were Fred Redfern, Chris Rice, Jan Driggs, and Chris Mohler. Tom Collins was present.
- Brittany stated that she has provided Council with an updated Fund Summary Report that has all revenue through the end of the day as well as all transfers done and most bills paid.
- She has provided Council with the Burr Oak bill for May.
- She stated that the next item on her agenda is a discussion on regulating fences and have gave Council a copy of a handout that Fred Redfern had. This was a draft that had been brought up before.
- Council discussed trash hauling in regards to dumpsters as well as bid documents and having one trash hauler. They will discuss this in further detail at the next meeting.
- Chief Walters gave Council an updated police report for May.
- Tom stated that the first item on his agenda was to inform Council about the two trucks that were sold on Gov Deals and gave them a printout of what they sold for.
- He gave Council a copy of what the cost is for the annual Dam fees for the reservoirs, totaling $1,617.75.
- Tom explained to Council that he received a quote from Electric Motor Service for a backup pump and motor for the pool total approximately $4,000.00. Chris Rice asked for this to be put on the agenda.
- Tom stated that he has given Council a copy of two quotes for a new Case Super N Backhoe from Southeastern Equipment. He stated that he would get a quote from CAT as well and bring this information back to Council.
- He stated that Fred brought him an Ordinance from McConnelsville about alley weight limits. Chris Rice and Fred Redfern stated that this is something Council will look over and discuss at the next workshop. Bill Hampton discussed Wilson Street and about opening it up. Bob McClain was present and discussed with Council about opening Wilson Street and what signs should be posted to get it opened.
Council went into executive session per ORC 121.22 (G) (1) for personnel.
Council is out of executive session with no decisions made.
Fred Redfern stated that the property maintenance code needs to be established and Council needs to be looked at because it goes in hand with the fence ordinance and many others.
Fred Redfern stated that his neighbor complained about the dumpster on Main Street overflowing and wanted to know when they were going to get dumped. He feels that we should have an Ordinance for dumpsters. This was discussed in further detail and would be on the next workshop agenda to be discussed.
Chris Mohler stated that the fireworks will be held on June 27th.
Mayor Lantz adjourned the meeting.
Brittany Ross Darrell Lantz
Fiscal Officer Mayor