Council Workshop Minutes Monday, June 12, 2017
Chris Mohler called the meeting to order. Present were Chris Rice, Scott Locke, Bill Hampton, Billie Smith, and Jan Driggs. Tom Collins was present. Mayor Redfern was absent.
- First item on the agenda was Corlyn Altier with CSA Enterprises to give Council an EMS Billing Report update.
- Next on the agenda was that Council has been given a Fund Summary Report that was updated at the end of the day but transfers and bills still needed completed.
- Discussion on the demolition of 10 E Main Street was next on the agenda. It was decided that the Village agreed to pay for the demolition of Sprankle’s. Tom explained that according to the building department and Jan Baughman, it was our liability and responsibility to tear it down due to Main Street being shut down as well as the railroad. It is Sprankle’s responsibility to clean it up. Brittany explained that she is still trying to figure out which funds will pay this. This building was condemned and Council was given information about commercial liability insurance for buildings not being required. This was discussed in further detail. Tom explained that this was under the recommendation of Jan Baughman, the Solicitor. It was discussed on what we could do to prevent things like this from happening.
- Last item on Brittany’s agenda was an FYI that the Clay Valley meeting will be held June 19th at 8:00pm following the Council Meeting.
- The only item on Tom’s agenda was to let Council know there would be a meeting at 8:30am tomorrow morning with Jobes Henderson, Solicitor, Mayor, Administrator, and Freedom Construction to discuss their ability to perform the new Waterline Replacement Project. He explained that Council is invited to attend this meeting if they would like. Scott Locke stated that he planned on attending.
- Jerry Marks stated that he would like to discuss HAPCAP with Council. He stated that the workers will start Thursday and the following week they will work three 8 hour days. We have no expense other than supervising and there will be three boys and one girl that will be with us during this program. He plans on cleaning up and maybe painting curbs. The community service workers will work along with them.
Chris Mohler adjourned the meeting.
Brittany Ross Chris Mohler
Fiscal Officer President Pro Tem