Council Workshop Minutes Monday, June 13, 2016
Mayor Redfern called the meeting to order. Present were Chris Rice, Scott Locke, Bill Hampton, Billie Smith, and Jan Driggs. Tom Collins was present. Chris Mohler was absent.
- First on Brittany’s agenda was an updated fund summary report. She stated that the revenue was entered throughout the end of the day but not all transfers and bills have been paid due to lack of quorum at prior meeting and no approval given.
- Council was given a copy of the 2017 Budget to look over. Brittany explained that the first reading for this will be on the 20th and to let her know if there are any questions or Council feels that something needs to be adjusted.
- As an FYI, Brittany informed Council that the movie in the park has been rescheduled for August 20th and that Angel had already verified that this will not interfere with any shelter house rentals or football games. Council stated that this will be fine.
- The next item on her agenda is to confirm that we can go ahead with advertising Heritage Hall with Tract 1 for sale since it has been posted the required 30 days. Council stated to go ahead with this. She stated that this has to be advertised for 5 consecutive weeks.
- Council was given a copy of the monthly water report for May. She explained that Council’s copy does not have the gallons billed by Burr Oak as she did not get Lisa a copy of that but we were billed for 12,356,623 gallons for the month of May.
Chris Mohler is now present.
- Tom stated that the first item on his agenda was a copy of the OEPA Sanitary Survey. Levi handled the inspection this year and Council can see that there was nothing major under recommendations. Tom explained to Council that if there were any questions after they looked it over, to come in and he would go over it with them.
- Next item on his agenda was to let Council know that Kenneth Oehler, Habitat for Humanity, will be present at the Council meeting next Monday to discuss the new build up on Washington Street. He explained that they are also trying to buy additional properties up there to try and build two or three more.
- Tom stated that next was a discussion in regards to the Presgrave’s inquiry to vacate the Alley west of Elva Street. He stated that he looked into this from the time frame he said this happened and could find nothing in the minutes and either did Brittany or Donna. He said that even with that said he doesn’t see a problem with this being done but found the easement from 1987-88 for that property to the sanitary sewer. Tom suggested that Council might want to keep a right of way easement in case we needed it.
- Next on the agenda is in regards to the Vintage Police Cruiser insurance that the Mayor will explain to Council. Mayor Redfern stated that he spoke with Tom Maedke and the insurance quote will be $375 or $385 a year on an estimated value of $10,000.00. He stated eventually they may have historic plates for this vehicle. This was discussed in further detail.
- Last item on his agenda is the details on the new Police Cruiser that was put together by Joey. There is a difference in price due to moving equipment from an old cruiser to the new one. Tom stated that he agreed with Joey on going this route. Mayor Redfern stated that with this alternative, there is probably a warranty to go with it. Tom stated that he would tell Joey to go ahead with it.
- Mayor Redfern stated that he spoke to a gentleman who wanted permission from Council to take a boat to the pond and rake off all the moss before the Community days. He explained that he had to let the gentleman know what Council decided since he could not attend the meeting personally.
- Mayor Redfern informed Council that Police Chief Walters wasn’t present due to an illness and that as an update, properties are coming along and the house on Mill Street was tore down and approximately 27 people were cited into court for property complaints.
Mayor Redfern asked for Citizens comments or complaints. Corey asked if the alley by his property was going to be opened. Tom explained that the Village is mowing it and going to do work on the ditch to try and help with the water drainage.
Mark Dalrymple was present to introduce Dakota Dalrymple as a new possible candidate for both the Fire and EMS department. Dakota explained that he would be joining the Fire Department first and that his family is all part of Fire/EMS and Police and would just like to continue that. Mayor Redfern asked if they explained about the background check and that he would have to pay for the BCI check that will be sent to the Fire Chief or Mayor. This is something new that has to be done through the Sheriff’s Office. Mayor Redfern explained that he will pull the ORC for this and let everyone know the specifics on this.
Scott Locke discussed with Council about the complaints he received about the band at the Snack Bar. He stated that he had four people show up at his house and showed him the decibel meter that they had inside his house. Mayor Redfern stated that they did have a noise permit that they filled out and he signed off on. Tom stated that they need to be told to bring it up before Council.
The last item on the agenda is executive session per ORC 121.22 (G) (2) for Real Estate.
Council is out of executive session with no decisions made.
Mayor Redfern adjourned the meeting.
Brittany Ross Fred Redfern
Fiscal Officer Mayor