Council Workshop Minutes Monday, June 26, 2017
Mayor Redfern called the meeting to order. Present were Chris Rice, Scott Locke, Bill Hampton, Billie Smith, Jan Driggs, and Chris Mohler. Tom Collins was present.
- First item on the agenda was Ms. Durst with Mid-Ohio Food Bank to discuss with Council about possibly using the Village Park for food pickups. She explained that they may be able to work it to be held between 9am – 11am to keep from the Park being inaccessible to other people. There are over 200 people that receive this and it would be done two Tuesdays a month and this is income based. This was discussed in further detail and would be revisited once she speaks with the ones in charge to see if this time could work.
- Next on the agenda was that Council has been given a Fund Summary Report that was updated at the end of the day with all transfers and bills completed.
- Next item on the agenda was Ralph Hill to discuss Fire/EMS. He explained that he is having problems with one of his ambulances, unit 212, in reference to the A/C system and that he would like to have it approved to be replaced at South East Area Transit. The approximate cost will be around $3,000.00. He stated that a few people need some turn out gear, which is approximately $2,500.00 a set and will need three to four sets. Ralph told Council that the annual hose and ladder testing was done and while the ladder passed, a few sections of the hose will need replaced. We are still in the running for a FEMA grant where the final awards will be given out in August. Under this grant he applied to get 20 sets of new gear and 16 new air paks.
- The next item on the agenda was for Council to review the 2018 Budget and let her know if any changes need made.
- The last item on her agenda is a discussion on credit card acceptance. This would be used for tickets, EMS bills, or water bills. She explained that we had gotten a couple quotes from places but never went any further. Council things that we need to continue to pursue this.
- Tom stated that the only item on his agenda was an estimate for a 2012 RD11 Wacker Asphalt Roller that will be paid for out of water, sewer, and street. This was discussed in further detail. Mayor Redfern explained that this will be good for the railroads and that he would like to see about getting a stop sign put at the railroad crossing on Industrial Drive as an added safety precaution.
- Chris Rice asked if there would be a meeting on Monday, July 3rd because he will not be here. Jan Driggs stated that she would not be there on the 10th.
- Mayor Redfern stated that he had the police report for May if Council would like to see it.
- Council went into executive session per ORC 121.22 (G) (2) for Real Estate.
Council is out of executive session with no decisions made.
Mayor Redfern explained that in regards to the property on Main Street, the Health Department may have funds available to help with the cleanup of the property and he had forwarded numbers to the Sprankle’s for them to call and see if they can get any assistance.
Chris Mohler stated that the Community Celebration went extremely well. The Free Swim tally was over 400 people.
Mayor Redfern stated that down at the Park, there was some vandalism that happened in the shelter house on the picnic tables. Chris Mohler stated that one of the picnic tables looked like someone had taken a Machete to it with Graffiti on the tables and inside the walls of the smaller shelter house. This was discussed in further detail about how to prevent this or take care of this.
Mayor Redfern explained that after speaking to Jerry Marks regarding the HAPCAP workers, they are doing really good.
There was one person apply for the Police Officer position and withdrew his application once the wages were discussed with him and another person who did not have any experience. Two others had applied with a resume and an application was turned in. Mayor Redfern would like to advertise for a couple more weeks. Chris Mohler stated that he would like to thank Rodney for having as many auxiliary workers as there were for the Community Celebration.
Council discussed the new House Bill that the Ohio Municipal League sent out a bulletin regarding our Local Government monies as well as information about the State controlling the Income Tax. This was discussed in further detail.
Mayor Redfern adjourned the meeting.
Brittany Ross Fred Redfern
Fiscal Officer Mayor