06-27-2016 Council Workshop Minutes

Council Workshop Minutes    Monday, June 27, 2016

Mayor Redfern called the meeting to order. Present were Chris Rice, Scott Locke, Bill Hampton, Billie Smith, and Jan Driggs. Tom Collins was present. Chris Mohler was absent.

  1. First on Brittany’s agenda was an updated fund summary report. She stated that all bills have been paid, most of the transfers done and revenue entered throughout end of the day.
  2. As an FYI, she explained that the total thus far for advertising the sale of Heritage Hall is now up to $2,082.88 since 2014. Tom explained that he is in contact with a gentleman from GovDeals to see if it could possibly go on there if it does not sell at this time.
  3. Brittany informed Council that there will be a resolution that will need to be passed at the next meeting as an emergency regarding the Waterline Project as well as the revised forms signed by the Mayor for ARC Funds.
  4. She stated that next week’s meeting will be held on July 5th due to the Holiday on Monday, July 4th. Tom asked Brittany to have Donna put this on the runaround channel tomorrow.

Chris Mohler is now present.

  1. First item on Tom’s agenda is a list of GovDeals items sold to date. Tom explained that the starting bids on these items were about $10,000 less than what we actually received, so we made a good bit.
  2. Next on his agenda was to inform Council regarding his meeting with Tom Maedke from McBane Insurance. Tom asked Council about the Old Municipal Building and if we should drop the replacement cost and leave at just liability. The replacement cost on this building is listed at $807,000. Tom recommended leaving it at just liability because they would never replace that building.
  3. The third item on his agenda is in regards to the Ohio Basic Code. He would like Council to discuss adopting Chapter 24, General Provisions 94.01 thru 94.06 pertaining to the ‘opening’ of Village Street and if they would like to include sidewalks. Mayor Redfern explained that we already have an Ordinance in place for sidewalks but wanted Council’s opinion if they would like to adopt that part of the Ohio Basic Code as well. This was discussed in further detail about whose responsibility it is to trim trees back so they do not hit vehicles. Jan Driggs referenced a tree blocking speed limit sign out past the Snack Bar. Council would like to adopt the street opening portion in the Ohio Basic Code. Mayor Redfern stated that he would get with Jan on this.
  4. Mayor Redfern asked Council to reconsider joining the Mid-Ohio Regional Planning Commission due to all the opportunities and help we could gain from this. He had printed the bylaws for the Ohio Municipal League for Council to look over. Mayor Redfern stated that he feels the Village would benefit from joining this. Council discussed this in further detail.
  5. Mayor Redfern explained to Council about the state Government trying to pool county, city, village, and townships income taxes into one state group and they disburse back after they take their cut out. This is in regards to House Bill 5.
  6. Council discussed what will happen when the Main Street Bridge is closed and all of the traffic will be going over the tracks at Industrial Drive. They discussed what this will do to the bridge when the traffic goes over it due to detour.
  7. Police Chief Walters told Council how well the parade went and that they had seven officers out in plain clothing that worked really well. Mayor Redfern stated that there were over 600 swimmers at the Free Swim on Saturday. Chris Mohler stated that the Celebration turned out well and it was a great day for it.
  8. Mayor Redfern asked for Council’s support in him drafting a letter to ask Genesis to bring the X-ray machine back to Dr. Mumma’s office. Council stated that they would agree to this and would like to sign.
  9. The last item on the agenda is executive session per ORC 121.22 (G) (1) for Personnel and ORC 121.22 (G) (2) for Real Estate.

Council is out of executive session with no decisions made.

Mayor Redfern discussed the updates on Property Maintenance with Council. He stated that he went out and wrote down 31 locations over what they already have people cited into court for. He wants Council to consider hiring a company to take care of these properties. This was discussed in further detail.

Police Chief Walters asked if CMI Waste Management had got in contact. Brittany explained that they have sent in their permit papers today. Chief Walters stated that he gave them a citation. The paperwork is all faxed in now.

Mayor Redfern adjourned the meeting.

 

__________________________                              _________________________

Brittany Ross                                                              Fred Redfern

Fiscal Officer                                                              Mayor