07-10-2017 Council Workshop Minutes

Council Workshop Minutes    Monday, July 10, 2017

Mayor Redfern called the meeting to order. Present were Chris Rice, Scott Locke, Bill Hampton, Billie Smith, Jan Driggs, and Chris Mohler. Tom Collins was present.

  1. First item on the agenda was fund summary report that was updated throughout the end of the day with all bills paid and most transfers done.
  2. Next item on the agenda is a review of the building permit for Janet Levering. Mayor Redfern explained that this was mostly ready for the last meeting except for having the deed so it wasn’t brought up. They want to do the walk work tomorrow and this is a volunteer group that is doing work this week. Mayor Redfern stated that we can finalize it at the following Council meeting but would like to know if Council has any objections to this being started. There were no objections and this will be on the agenda for the 17th for approval.
  3. The last item on her agenda was a discussion on a new trash hauler, Evans Hauling & Refuse, that has applied to pick up trash within the Village. He has his permit fee paid, insurance coverage required, as well as the application. Currently he does not have any customers within the Village. Being that he meets all of these requirements, Evans Hauling & Refuse will be on the agenda for the 17th for approval.
  4. Tom stated that he does not having anything to present to Council tonight, just executive session for Real Estate.
  5. Mayor Redfern gave Council a reminder that the pottery festival will be this weekend with the plate breaking taking place at noon on Thursday at the Clay Center. He asked Council if anyone could attend because he will be held up in a meeting in Athens and will not be able to attend.
  6. Next thing that Mayor Redfern has is to remind everyone regarding the emails received from Jan regarding Storm Water fees and what needs to be done. Council discussed having a study completed for this so that we can give customers a fair amount on their bill to be charged. We will get an estimate for Jobes Henderson to complete this study. This was discussed in further detail. Tom explained that with the funding available for this, we would not have to start paying it back until after we are already starting to collect.
  7. Mayor Redfern stated that the Newlon’s were present to discuss storm water problems with Council. The water is draining down the hill and going right into their basement. There is no catch basins or drainage and the water runs over towards their property since the streets were paved. This is on West Brown Street and they are upset. There are issues all over town regarding this. This study needs done to see where we are at. Council stated that they will get a study done and will have on the agenda to get approved to have the study completed.
  8. Tom explained that the Commissioners will be committing to $35,000.00 for the restroom facilities at the Park and if we get the Nature Works Grant that will be another $30,000.00 towards this Restroom Facility Project.
  9. The last item that Mayor Redfern would like to discuss is Pet Waste because he has had multiple complaints regarding this. He feels that it is time to look into an Ordinance regarding Pet Waste. He has given Council a copy of a model Ordinance he found for them to look at and will get it to Jan to look over and adjust for it to work for our Village. Council agrees with this and feels that we should move forward with this. This needs added to the agenda for next Monday night. Chris Rice wants to make sure this covers cats.
  10. Council went into executive session per ORC 121.22 (G) (2) for Real Estate.

Council is out of executive session with no decisions made.

Mayor Redfern adjourned the meeting.

 

__________________________                              _________________________

Brittany Ross                                                              Fred Redfern

Fiscal Officer                                                              Mayor