Council Workshop Minutes Monday, July 13, 2015
Mayor Lantz called the meeting to order. Present were Chris Rice, Fred Redfern, Bill Dennis, Bill Hampton, Jan Driggs, and Chris Mohler. Tom Collins was present.
- Brittany stated that she has provided Council with an updated Fund Summary Report that has all revenue through the end of the day as well as all transfers done and most bills paid.
- She stated that Brian Randolph was present to discuss with Council about using the Park for a Car Show on October 3rd from 10am to 4pm. He explained what all would be going on and what he was asking. Council explained to him that he would need event insurance and would have to show proof of this before it could be approved as well as the Village being named secondary.
- Brittany stated that Ralph wanted her to bring before Council the payoff for the new squad. He would like to pay it off early with money from Star Ohio. She explained that she will find out if there is any savings for paying it off early and if Ralph had a specific reason for wanting to pay it off early.
- Next on her agenda was a discussion on regulating fences. Fred Redfern stated that this should be included in the property maintenance code and will review. He wants this on the next workshop agenda to discuss what should be covered that is not in this property maintenance code. He wants to update the international property code from 2003 to 2012 and review before going over this.
- She stated that the next item on her agenda was a continued discussion on trash hauling. Council went over the questions that were answered and they have a second draft to go over and Fred stated that he would bring a third draft to the next workshop for Council to go over. It was stated that Council needed to ask Jan who the responsibility for the bill will fall on for the trash, the landlord or tenant.
- The next item on the agenda is a discussion on weight limits. Council discussed dropping the weight limits for alleys if there is still a problem after fixing the trash hauling problems. Fred Redfern asked Council’s opinion about setting weight limits for anything other than trash trucks.
- Tom stated that the first item on his agenda was the discussion on the 2012 Property maintenance code. He stated that he has given Council a copy of this.
- The next item on his agenda was to discuss cyber insurance. He stated that he will get with Tom Maedke from McBane Insurance and get some prices for this and bring it back before Council.
- The next item on his agenda is to discuss the skate park condition and that the insurance company has concerns on the Village’s liability for this. Council discussed getting a quote for getting this redone or put away and looking into getting a grant for this.
- He stated that he has given Council a copy of the Case backhoe quotes from Southeastern Equipment. He explained that we could use the money set back in the Star Ohio fund for this and the remaining balance could be split between water and sewer funds. It was asked to put this on the agenda for approval.
- Mark Dalrymple explained to Council that they were looking at 2 salt spreaders that a guy is selling. He is selling both for $3,000.00 and these come with stands. These will fit in the back of the trucks and are needed.
- Police Chief Rodney Walters went over the Police activity for June. He explained to council that the Plymouth checked out okay and now only has cosmetic damage that needs worked on. He also gave Council a rundown of the total number of hours that our police auxiliary donated for June.
Paul Dorsey was present to ask Council about the Village contracting one trash hauler. He asked if this will work the same as water and sewer when he goes on vacation and will have to make him pay trash bill while he is in Florida. Chris Mohler stated that there will be a provision in the bid documents that explains that this will not be a problem. He also asked about the papers that need filled out wanting to know the household size and income. Fred Redfern stated that this is for a grant to get money for the new waterline replacement. Paul Dorsey stated that this didn’t make sense because it says confidential but that he should drop it off at the Fire Department or Water office. Tom stated that they are not supposed to be doing that and he will discuss this.
Council went into executive session.
Council is out of executive session with no decisions made.
Fred Redfern stated that on the water report, what is being billed is about 50% of what we are paying for. He also had a complaint about the large amount of delinquent bills due. Brittany stated that Lisa has been getting these together and sent to Jan to put a lien on the properties.
Chris Rice stated that he will not be at the next three meetings.
Mayor Lantz adjourned the meeting.
Brittany Ross Darrell Lantz
Fiscal Officer Mayor