Council Workshop Minutes Monday, July 27, 2015
Mayor Lantz called the meeting to order. Present were Fred Redfern, Bill Dennis, Bill Hampton, Jan Driggs, and Chris Mohler. Tom Collins was present. Chris Rice was absent.
- Brittany stated that she has provided Council with an updated Fund Summary Report that has all revenue through the end of the day as well as all transfers done and most bills paid.
- Discussion on drainage issues on Mohican Drive for James Swingle who was present at the previous meeting to discuss with Council about the problems he is experiencing. Council discussed what options were available to help him in regards to who is responsible for that subdivision. Council discussed this in further detail. Tom stated that he would check further into this.
- Brittany stated that the next item on her agenda was to discuss the purchase of the Auto Pulse but Chief Ralph Hill was supposed to be present to discuss this.
- The next item was the discussion on paying off the squad early. She stated that she talked to Randy from the bank and he stated that if we would pay it off early it would drop off some of the interest but that he would need a specific date of payoff to give me the exact price of pay off.
- A discussion on the 2012 International Property Maintenance Code was next. Jan had stated at the prior meeting that there were blanks that needed filled in order to move forward with the second reading. Fred Redfern asked the Mayor as well as the rest of Council about who should enforce these maintenance violations. Council discussed this in further detail on whether someone should be hired in for this and for how many hours or if someone should be put in charge of this. It was discussed on having a full time court clerk and how this would solve any problems with property maintenance.
- Next on the agenda was a discussion on regulating fences. Fred Redfern gave Council a copy of the Ordinance relating to fences because it goes into more details and specifics than the International Property Maintenance Code does. He asked to have a first reading of this Ordinance next Monday night.
- Last item on Brittany’s agenda was a discussion on trash hauling. Fred Redfern asked about people who go to Florida in the winter time and how this would be taken care of. Council discussed this in further detail. Tom stated that he feels they should get their own trash truck and pick up their own. It was discussed on what all would need to be checked to be able to do this and Tom stated that he would get back to Council with this information.
- Tom stated that the first item on his agenda was in regards to AEP Energy and the electric usage quotes. This is the same contract that we signed 24 months ago and would recommend going for the longer term as there were no problems with them.
- The next item on the agenda was to discuss reducing the pool rates after 6:00pm. Peggy asked Tom about this and he explained that he would discuss with Council. This was discussed in further detail and Council stated that this needs to be on the agenda for the next meeting.
- Tom stated that the last item on his agenda would be the discussion on the skate park and the concerns with insurance. It was discussed on how to resolve this or get it fixed and what needed to get done until this was possible.
- Mike Fulk was present to meet with council and state that he would like to join the Fire and EMS department.
Council went into executive session per ORC 122.21 (G) (2) Real Estate.
Council is out of executive session with no decisions made.
Mayor Lantz adjourned the meeting.
Brittany Ross Darrell Lantz
Fiscal Officer Mayor