Council Workshop Minutes Monday, August 10, 2015
Mayor Lantz called the meeting to order. Present were Chris Rice, Fred Redfern, Bill Dennis, Bill Hampton, and Jan Driggs. Tom Collins was present. Chris Mohler was absent.
- Brittany stated that first on her agenda was Tom Maedke with McBane Insurance with his insurance proposal. He explained the differences in price from prior year to now as well as any coverage changes. Mr. Maedke gave Council a proposal from Argonaut Insurance for Property, Liability, and Vehicle insurance for an annual premium of $32,716. He also gave Council a proposal for Cyber Insurance from BCS Insurance Company with an annual premium of $1,831.
- Fred Redfern asked Mr. Maedke his opinion on the Skate Park. He explained about making sure it is maintained and posts are up about not being responsible for accidents. This was discussed in further detail.
- Brittany stated that the next item on her agenda is that Council has been given the fund summary report that was updated as of this afternoon with all bills paid and transfers done.
- Council was given a copy of the Burr Oak Bill for July.
- Council was given a copy of the Park & Pool Report as well as the Rec Center Report through July to look over.
- Next was Fire/EMS Chief Ralph Hill to give Council updates. He stated that he has two people who want to go through the intermediate program. This will cost $1,600 per person and consists of 200 hours for the class. Ralph Hill explained that the Bearfield Township levy is on hold until May because the paperwork submitted to the Board of Elections was not approved on time. This would have been to add approximately $39,000 a year to what we receive. He also wanted to discuss with Council about purchasing a new thermal imaging camera that costs approximately $6,800 as well as getting the old one fixed by Finley Fire. Ralph stated that the fire on North Buckeye Street was discussed and he discussed with Council his thoughts of adding on to the building for storage and space. The last item he discussed was that he thinks the surveys are completed but that Brittany is supposed to let him know otherwise.
- Police Chief Rodney Walters was present to state that he had a couple of Auxiliary applications that the Auxiliary voted on that would be best. He gave Council the Police Report for July and explained the hours that the Auxiliary volunteered for the prior month.
- A discussion on the 2012 International Property Maintenance Code was next. Jan had stated at the prior meeting that unless these are completed the third reading would not be able to be done and it would have to be tabled. Council discussed this in further detail and Fred Redfern explained that he will fill in the blanks and get this information sent to Jan.
- Next on the agenda was a discussion on regulating fences. Chris Rice stated that he would look at this before the next meeting. This was discussed in further detail and will discuss again at the following workshop meeting.
- Last item on Brittany’s agenda was a discussion on trash hauling. Council discussed the last few things in further detail in regards to citizens being locked into a contract as well as saving them money. Fred Redfern asked where Council stands about buying a truck and doing it ourselves. Tom had provided them with a quote on how much it would be. This was all taken into consideration and they discussed bidding this out to see what results they receive and move forward from there.
Council went into executive session per ORC 122.22 (G) (1) Personnel.
Council is out of executive session with no decisions made.
Mayor Lantz adjourned the meeting.
Brittany Ross Darrell Lantz
Fiscal Officer Mayor