Council Workshop Minutes Monday, August 22, 2016
Mayor Redfern called the meeting to order. Present were Chris Rice, Scott Locke, Bill Hampton, Billie Smith, and Jan Driggs. Tom Collins was present. Chris Mohler was absent.
- First item on Brittany’s agenda was the Fund Summary Report that was updated throughout the end of the day with most transfers and bills paid.
- Next item on the agenda was just to remind Council that there will be no meeting on August 29th and the next regular Council Meeting will be held on Tuesday, September 6th due to Labor Day.
- Council has been given the Monthly water report for July. Mayor Redfern asked Lisa to give a little more detail to see what can be done to try and reduce the delinquent amounts.
- Tom stated that the first item on his agenda was a quote for a new mosquito sprayer. Our machine is 30-40 years old and parts are no longer available for this unit. Brian Deenihan recommended the Clarke Cougar for $10,650.
- Next item on the agenda was for Council to look over the quotes presented from Southeastern Equipment through State Cooperative Purchasing Program for Case Skid Loaders. Council discussed the different options available and which would benefit the Village the most.
- Discussion on vacant property registration was the next item on the agenda. Council has been given a sample of Zanesville’s registration form to look over and see what they would want in ours if we were to implement the property registration process. This will be given to Jan to look over.
- Council discussed extending the Police Officer job advertisement through September 26th and possibly post to internet job sites, Crooksville.com, etc.
- Mayor Redfern asked Bill Hampton and Chris Rice if there were any rooms available within the Rec Center that could be leased. Bill stated that all of the rooms are taken. This was discussed in further detail.
- Mayor Redfern stated that he received a phone call from Joanne Boring asking when our Beggars night would be because her church was planning on doing something. Bill Hampton stated that we usually go with the date that New Lexington and Roseville have it.
- Council discussed with Police Chief Walters the problem with a resident on Walnut hooking up their own water and sewage. Mayor Redfern explained that there is no meter there and this needs taken care of.
- Jan Driggs asked how the Village planned on notifying residents about this vacant property registration. Mayor Redfern stated that we can have this put in with their water bill. Mayor Redfern stated that he would go to Zanesville and discuss with them how they take care of the problems that were mentioned.
- Police Chief Walters stated that he spoke with Jan about making the guys honorary members of the Police Department. He felt that it would have more meaning if Council did this as a whole.
- Council went into executive session per ORC 121.22 (G) (1) Personnel and (G) (2) Real Estate.
Council is out of executive session with no decisions made.
Police Chief Walters, after speaking with the Police Auxiliary, spoke with Luann Cooperider about the licenses needed to set up a movie in the Rec Center during winter months with a concession stand once or twice a month and provide everyone with free entertainment. Chris Rice stated that the only problem would be finding a time spot. This was discussed in more detail.
Mayor Redfern adjourned the meeting.
Brittany Ross Fred Redfern
Fiscal Officer Mayor