Council Workshop Minutes Monday, August 24, 2015
Mayor Lantz called the meeting to order. Present were Chris Rice, Fred Redfern, Bill Hampton, Jan Driggs, and Chris Mohler. Tom Collins was present. Bill Dennis was absent.
- Brittany stated that first on her agenda was the Fund Summary Report with all bills paid and transfers completed and revenue entered through the end of the day.
- Brittany stated that the next item on her agenda was an update on the LMI Surveys. She let Council know that they have to be in by Thursday and they are supposed to be turned in by tomorrow.
- She let Council know that the dates are set for the Public Meetings for CDBG Program Application and the ads are ready for the papers. These dates are September 2nd and September 30th and the meeting will be September 14th and October 12th.
- Next on the agenda was if there was any more discussion on regulating fences. Fred Redfern stated that this is all set and she asked if this will be sent to Jan and the first reading being at the following meeting. He stated that it would be.
- The last item on her agenda was if there are any other discussions on trash hauling in regards to bid specifications or anything else. Chris Rice stated that he sent this over Jan to put together for the following meeting. Council discussed setting this to take effect the first of the year. Shelly Anderson was present with B.A. Disposal and discussed with Council what this means for her.
- Mayor Lantz stated there was a gentleman present that would like to join the Police Auxiliary. His name is John Chiriac and is currently a Correctional Officer at the Juvenile Detention Center in Lancaster.
- Tom stated that the first item on his agenda is that the Anchor Church is requesting to use the lot next to Reed Station in October for a yard sale/ bake sale. It was stated that he would have to have proof of insurance to hold this event.
- Next item on the agenda is the discussion for repairs for the Skate Park. Brittany gave Council a copy of the cost to repair. Tom asked Council what they would like to do in regards to this.
- Tom stated that the last item on his agenda is the estimate for the Water Line Locator from HD Supply.
- Fred Redfern asked if the stipend idea should be ran by Jan to make sure that we can pay the guys by stipend for repairing the skate park.
Council went into executive session per ORC 122.22 (G) (1) Personnel.
Council is out of executive session with no decisions made.
Mayor Lantz stated that the next meeting will be Tuesday, September 8th due to there being a fifth Monday in August and then closed on Labor Day.
Mayor Lantz adjourned the meeting.
Brittany Ross Darrell Lantz
Fiscal Officer Mayor