09-11-2017 Council Workshop Minutes

Council Workshop Minutes    Monday, September 11, 2017

Mayor Redfern called the meeting to order. Present were Chris Rice, Scott Locke, Bill Hampton, Billie Smith, Jan Driggs, and Chris Mohler. Tom Collins was present.

  1. The first item on Brittany’s agenda was a fund summary report for Council to review. This was updated through the end of the day with all bills paid and most transfers done.
  2. Next item on the agenda was a reminder about the Groundbreaking Ceremony and to ask if any Council members were going to attend that still had not RSVP back so she could take care of this. Billie Smith stated that she will be going and needs to let Jobes Henderson know.
  3. The following item on her agenda is a follow up discussion on credit cards and she gave Council a new proposal from FiNet Solutions. This is to try and move forward to be able to accept credit cards for payment on EMS payments, fines, and utility bills. Tom stated that we need to see if we can charge a convenience fee since we will be charged to have this so that we do not lose money just for offering this as an option for payment. This was discussed in further detail.
  4. The last item on her agenda was to discuss Citizen’s Comments and complaints and making an effective date that they will only be heard at workshop meetings. This would be the 2nd and 4th Monday of each month. Anyone can still get on the regular Council meeting agenda if it relates to business or is informational. This will be advertised on the run around channel and it was discussed about including an informative notice in the water bill with an effective date of October 1, 2017. Council discussed in further detail.
  5. The first item on Tom’s agenda was an FYI to Council regarding the Groundbreaking Ceremony but this was already covered. This will be Wednesday, September 13th at 10:30 am at the Village Park shelter house.
  6. The next item on his agenda is to let Council know about House Bill 49, which may have a significant impact on ARC (Appalachia Regional Commission) Funds. This is what we are getting part of our money from for the waterline project and he believes this money will be affected by this. He provided Council with an informative memo from Buckeye Hills regional Council to look over because this explains a little more about what House Bill 49 will do.
  7. Tom has provided a proposal from Jobes Henderson to do the topographic survey that Kelly Architectural Services is requesting for the Walnut Street Properties. Alan Brown will be doing this under our Engineering Contract with Jobes Henderson and it will cost $2,400 and will locate utilities. He believes this is something we need to move forward with and he is sure all of Council is in agreement and with him being the Purchase Agent, this can be done without being approved by Council.
  8. Mayor Redfern stated that he had something to bring before Council’s attention. Starting September 29th, the Haunted School has a noise permit application. This will probably be up for a vote next week on the agenda and he asked Council if anyone had any problems with this. Chris Rice stated that he did not as long as he has his insurance in order. Mayor Redfern stated that on the permit, the insurance part is crossed out. Council and the Mayor discussed this in further detail about the building needing inspected and if he has his Non-Profit organization paperwork. Tom Collins suggested getting Mid-East Ohio Building Department to inspect this and make sure it is safe for the community and the children.
  9. Tom Collins asked the Mayor if noise permits have to be voted on in council meetings. Mayor Redfern stated that he wanted to bring it to Council’s attention so they are aware.
  10. Chris Mohler asked if there was any more information on the schedule for our waterline project. Tom stated that he just received the email regarding this right before the meeting so he was not able to bring but that Freedom Construction plans to start to mobilize the middle of October. Bill Hampton asked how many weeks behind this is putting them. Tom stated that they could have started middle of August, once they signed the papers. Council is afraid they will start trying to make shortcuts on this. Tom assured Council that we have inspectors that will make sure this will not happen.
  11. Chris Mohler stated that the guys did great with the water break that happened Friday Night into early Saturday morning next to PCC Airfoils that was under the sidewalk.
  12. Mayor Redfern adjourned the meeting.

 

__________________________                              _________________________

Brittany Ross                                                              Fred Redfern

Fiscal Officer                                                              Mayor