Council Workshop Minutes Monday, September 14, 2015
Chris Mohler called the meeting to order. Present were Fred Redfern, Bill Hampton, Billie Smith, and Jan Driggs. Tom Collins was present. Mayor Lantz and Chris Rice were absent.
- Brittany stated that first on her agenda was the Fund Summary Report with most bills paid, all transfers completed and revenue entered through the end of the day.
- Next on her agenda was an update to the Public Meeting dates. The first will now be September 28th at 7:00pm and the second will be October 12th at 7:00pm. The first meeting one of Julie’s colleagues will be present as she will be on vacation but Julie will be present at the second.
- Council had been given a copy of the burr oak bill.
- The last item on her agenda is to let Council know that there is a continuing education seminar for Fiscal Officers in Athens on October 1st. This will be $65.00 each and stated that both she and Angel would like to go.
- Tom stated that the first item on his agenda is that he had a gentleman call him about #1 and #2 reservoirs and buying the timber or the entire property. Tom stated that he informed the caller that it would have to be bid out. This will be discussed in further detail once Tom contacts the Division of Dams.
Chris Rice is here now.
- The next item on his agenda is a discussion on Heritage Hall and whether it needs to be re-advertised with a lower bid. Council discussed not having a minimum but have in the ad about being able to refuse any and all bids.
- A discussion on a demolition for 305 Burley Street for Jay Donaldson was presented. He was very thorough on getting everything taken care of but his dilemma is that he has a contractor wanting to start working when the meeting to approve isn’t until next week. Council agreed that this was not a problem and he could go ahead and start on it.
- The last item on his agenda was to discuss Shriver’s Pharmacy and their request to use the Rec Center parking lot for the grand opening. Council was good with this.
- The only thing left was to go into executive session per ORC 122.21 (G) (2) Sale or purchase of Property and would like to invite Police Chief Walters in to discuss a purchase issue.
Council is out of executive session with no decisions made.
Chris Mohler informed Council that there was a notice from the Perry County Health Department on wastewater treatment plant that they are proposing to build for the area of six mile turn. This will flow into the Moxahala Creek. The hearing will be held tomorrow at the Board of Perry County Commissioners. Fred Redfern asked what time this would be held. Chris Mohler explained that there was not a time on there and that he would have to call to see.
Chris Mohler adjourned the meeting.
Brittany Ross Chris Mohler
Fiscal Officer President Pro Tem