Council Workshop Minutes Monday, September 24, 2018
Mayor Redfern called the meeting to order. Present were Chris Rice, Scott Locke, Bill Hampton, Billie Smith, Chris Mohler, and John Loomis. Tom Collins was present. Police Chief Walters and Fire/EMS Chief Hill were present as well.
- First item on Brittany’s agenda was a Fund Summary Report that was updated at the end of the day with most transfers done and all bills paid.
- She stated that the only other item she had was to discuss trick or treat date and time since there has been numerous calls asking about this. Roseville is having theirs on October 31st from 5:30 pm to 7:00 pm. Council would like for this to be on the agenda for Monday night for approval that Crooksville will have theirs during the same date and time.
- Mayor Redfern stated that he received a letter regarding a one day seminar on Act Today for your Community’s Economic Development Future. He asked if anyone would like to attend on October 10th along with him. This is being held at Buckeye Hills in Marietta.
- Tom explained that the first item on his agenda is regarding Flood Insurance Renewal for the Rec Center, Service Garage, Street Garage, and Fire Station. He stated that if no one has objections, we will continue with Option #1 for each of these to include a 10% increase in coverage.
- The next item on his agenda was to give Council an update on the Park Restroom Project. The advertisement for bids will be October 17th with a bid opening date of November 17th. A Pre-Construction meeting will be held in late November with Construction taking place between December 1st and May 1st. Tom explained in detail what he requested for these restrooms to look like and specifics that he would like to have with the Village installing the water and sanitary service connections. This was discussed in further detail.
- Tom asked Council if they would like to discuss trash pickup from the main streets to preserve the structural integrity of the asphalt. Council asked Tom to look around at places that cannot be picked up on Main Street like the alley between McKinley and the Old East School. Consideration will have to be taken with street where parking is one sided. Council discussed paving and what this would take for alleys as well. They discussed what the Village has in Permissive Tax available to use and that what we have at the County should be at least the same amount. They discussed the axle limit for trash trucks as well.
- Council went into executive session per ORC 121.22 (G) (2) for Real Estate and (G) (1) for Personnel.
Council is out of executive session with no decisions made.
Rodney Walters explained that he has been looking at light bars and needs to get one for the cruiser. One that was found was $595 and would be a good light bar for now. He stated that he just wanted to let Council know that he will be getting this one and having someone install.
Ralph Hill stated that he had sent everyone a copy of what he had received from Kelly Architectural Services regarding the Fire Station. Tom discussed with Ralph about the blocks that they discussed instead of standard block. He would like to see the price difference between the standard block and split face block. Ralph stated that he will make a trip up to his office and talk to Pat Kelly personally.
Mayor Redfern adjourned the meeting.
Brittany Ross Fred Redfern
Fiscal Officer Mayor