Council Workshop Minutes Monday, September 26, 2016
Mayor Redfern called the meeting to order. Present were Chris Rice, Scott Locke, Bill Hampton, Billie Smith, Jan Driggs, and Chris Mohler. Tom Collins was present.
- First item on Brittany’s agenda was a discussion on 53 S Buckeye Street. Tom explained that this is the property that the bank owned and contracted out to get the utilities disconnected and the demolition completed. He stated that the contractor was supposed to produce pictures of the disconnection for our records but did not and he wanted Council to know before he approved the abandonment permit in case there were any questions or disagreements.
- Tom stated that since we are on this one, the Cemetery should be discussed as well. Tom explained to Chris Mohler that if they can provide us with the invoice for getting this done or uncovering it so it can be checked then this can be completed and the bill adjusted to what it should be. This was discussed in further detail.
- Next item on the agenda was the Fund Summary Report that was updated throughout the end of the day with most transfers and bills paid.
- Last item on Brittany’s agenda was a discussion on when Trick or Treat will be held in Crooksville. She explained that Roseville is having theirs Thursday, October 27th from 5:30-7:00 pm and New Lexington will be having theirs Monday, October 31st from 5:30-7:00pm. Chris Mohler explained that on the 27th there is a game so this would not give them children/parents an opportunity to participate. Council stated that they will hold theirs on Monday, October 31st as well. Mayor Redfern explained that the New Hope Church would like for the Village to hold trick or treat on the 31st so they could hold their fall dinner on the 27th as they also participate in trick or treat and passing out candy.
- Tom stated that the first item on his agenda was a tree removal estimate where two trees at the Village Park need to come down. He provided Council with pictures of the two trees and an estimate from C&R Tree Service for how much they would charge to do this.
- Next item on his agenda was regarding the delinquent sewer notices and terminating the services for nonpayment. Council was given a copy of this information.
- Following this was a discussion on delinquent water taps and Council discussed pulling the tap after $2,500 back due is owed with notifying the property owners 60 days prior to pulling the tap. Council discussed this in further detail and asked Tom to get with Jan on this to get something wrote up to be able to enforce this.
- Chris Rice stated that he would not be at the next meeting.
- Chief Walters stated that he would have reports for Council at the following meeting as he has been busy with a few different things going on.
- TJ Glanemann was present to introduce a new Part Time EMS applicant. Becky Wyatt was present to introduce herself to Council and stated that she is from Zanesville and would be basic EMT. Background check has already been received back but was on Chief Hill’s desk where he could not grab before the meeting.
- Council went into executive session per ORC 121.22 (G) (2) to discuss real estate.
Council is out of executive session with no decisions made.
Mayor Redfern adjourned the meeting.
Brittany Ross Fred Redfern
Fiscal Officer Mayor