Council Workshop Minutes Monday, September 28, 2015
Chris Mohler called the meeting to order. Present were Fred Redfern, Chris Rice, Bill Hampton, Billie Smith, and Jan Driggs. Tom Collins was present. Mayor Lantz was absent.
- Michelle Hyer was present for the Public meeting with RCAP for the Improvements Project to discuss with citizens the eligibility requirements as well as the CDBG program types and guidelines. She also explained the process for application submittal as well as the grant award and that the next public meeting will be on October 12th at 7:00pm and the engineer will be present.
- Fire/EMS Chief Ralph Hill was present to discuss with Council that the hose and ladder testing was done last week and that he will have to repair a few sections of the hose. He explained the process to everyone on how they test these hoses and ladders. He also discussed the letter received from the Board of Perry County Commissioners about the changes that will take place with the Marcs Radios.
- Council was given an updated Fund Summary Report with revenue updated through today as well as all transfers done and most bills paid.
- Next was a discussion on when Crooksville would like to have trick or treat. Council stated that we usually do this on the same day as New Lexington and Roseville. Brittany stated that she would get ahold of them and let Council know what the date will be.
- Brittany stated that Brian Randolph has provided proof of insurance for the Car Show that he is holding on October 3rd at the Park. This was run through Tom Maedke and all was checked out.
- She stated that the ads will be running in the paper for Trash Haulers to bid starting next week. Fred Redfern asked if she would mail the current trash haulers a copy of the bid for trash haulers to let them know as well.
- The ad is running for bids for Heritage Hall as well.
- The last item on the agenda is a discussion of the comparison on insurance quotes. She stated that they should be present from the insurance company next month to discuss in detail about the different plans.
- Tom stated that the first item on his agenda is in regards to the ODOT Bridge Replacement Project. He stated that ODOT was seeking comments or concerns regarding the improvements such as fire and emergency runs. Ralph stated that he already has the route planned out.
- We received the flood insurance papers and asked if there were any changes that need to be made. Tom stated that he feels they all are okay and Council went over them in detail last year.
- Tom discussed with Council about selling Reservoirs 1 and 2 in Morgan County. He spoke to Daniel Murphy from the Ohio Dam Safety Program and he stated that they can be sold and they can either be drained or maintained.
- The last item on the agenda for Tom was to get Council’s thought on getting the service department safety green hoodies.
- Ralph stated that open house will be coming up on October 9th for the Fire Department from 4-9pm.
- Bill Hampton stated that bands will be renting the Rec Center this weekend.
- Shelly from BA Disposal was present to discuss with Council about whether or not there has to be a vote for the trash hauling being bid out for the whole Village. Tom stated that this does not have to be done because it is a professional service. Scott Locke asked if this was in regards to trash haulers being responsible for the whole town. He asked what will happen with the people that has bad debts with this trash hauler and if they are still expected to collect their trash. This would be between the trash hauler and the residents. Shelly was questioning about her trucks and what she has available to use and how soon she will be expected to collect it all as well as the landfill possibly being shut down. She stated that this trash hauling decision could destroy her business and that she has been in town for over 25 years. Chris Rice was stating that Council has to do what is best for the Village. He stated that once the bids come in, Council will go over those and accept the best bid for the Village.
Council is out of executive session with no decisions made.
Chris Mohler adjourned the meeting.
Brittany Ross Chris Mohler
Fiscal Officer President Pro Tem