Council Workshop Minutes Monday, October 10, 2016
Mayor Redfern called the meeting to order. Present were Chris Rice, Scott Locke, Bill Hampton, Billie Smith, Jan Driggs, and Chris Mohler. Tom Collins was present.
- First item on Brittany’s agenda was the Fund Summary Report that was updated throughout the end of the day with most transfers and bills paid.
- Next item on the agenda was to let Council know they have been given September’s Monthly Water Report from Lisa.
- The following item on the agenda was a discussion from Mayor Redfern explaining that Cub Scout Pack 151 would like to put a bin in the IT room to recycle Pop Cans. The monies collected from these cans will go to those that need help with Christmas as well as craft supplies, camping equipment and any other equipment needed.
- The last item on Brittany’s agenda was a discussion on what Council feels the clearance should be for trees and shrubs hanging over onto highways and sidewalks. Mayor Redfern would like to add a distance to our ordinance since the property maintenance code does not have this information included in it. Council discussed this in further detail.
- Tom stated that the first item on his agenda was a discussion/ questions on flood insurance premiums and if Council would like to make any changes to the coverage we currently have or leave them the same.
- Next item on the agenda was a reminder to Council that he has the 21’ Boom mower scheduled for the Week of October 17th and that he has provided notice to the public via the Cable Channel.
- Last item on his agenda was a discussion on building permits and if Council will enforce the penalty clause located in the Ordinance. Tom discussed the last building permit that was passed and discussed in further detail the many times that the building has already been done without being approved first. This was discussed in further detail. Tom stated that he would like for the person picking up the building permit application to sign a paper that they understand the consequences of building before approval.
- Council went into executive session per ORC 121.21 (G) (1) to discuss personnel.
Council is out of executive session with no decisions made.
- Mayor Redfern let Council know that all employees are going to receive a tobacco policy with an acknowledgement that they understand. There have been complaints made about tobacco use with employees while working.
Mayor Redfern adjourned the meeting.
Brittany Ross Fred Redfern
Fiscal Officer Mayor