Council Workshop Minutes Monday, October 13, 2014
Mayor Lantz called the meeting to order. Present were Chris Rice, Fred Redfern, Bill Hampton, Bill Dennis, Jan Driggs, and Chris Mohler. Tom Collins was also present.
- Council was given a Fund Summary Report
- Council was given a copy of the Burr Oak bill
- Council discussed the next steps that needed to be taken in selling Heritage Hall. A discussion on an appropriate price was held and it is to be put on the agenda for Monday night to approve setting the reserve at $14,000 and take bids.
- Tom gave Council an update on septic tank pumping explaining that to date Champion Services have pumped 46 tanks.
- Tom gave Council a letter from Ohio EPA stating that they want the septic tank pumping records and schedule for septic tank maintenance and cleaning of units. Another letter from Ohio EPA was given to Council regarding the pump station on Summit Street. Council discussed the schedule for maintenance that they needed to put together for Ohio EPA.
- Tom gave Council a copy of the draft easement from Jan for review. He stated that Tim Linn will be adding exhibits to the finished easement.
- Tom stated that there was a request from Mr. Jeff Moore to waive the $500 permit fees to abandon six water/ sewer taps. They are being forced to abandon the taps by FEMA due to flooding. It was discussed as to whether to give them a reduced rate for this. Tom stated that he had given Council a copy of the current Water/Sewer service disconnection rules and regulations. Council discussed this in further detail.
- Tom stated that just as an FYI, Shelly Company should be starting the Paving Project next week and that the manhole and valve box risers are in the shop.
- One other item that Tom stated that he would like to discuss is a request from Ron Embrey wanting Council to waive his past due water bills and the lien on his property. Ron is trying to sell these properties and this is preventing him from selling. Council was not in favor of this.
Jan Driggs asked about Heritage Hall and whether the flood insurance would have covered what happened when the lines busted. She stated that she felt there should have been an estimate done to see how much the damage would cost. Council went back over what the price should be set at for Heritage Hall to sell.
Fred Redfern stated that he received a complaint about a trailer being bolted alongside a house. He asked if a building permit was done for this. Policeman Joey Carr stated that he had looked at and he had given Chief Walters the report. Mayor Lantz and Bill Dennis stated that they will go look at it.
Jan Driggs stated that she received a complaint about the alley behind High Street. She stated that several water breaks happened and the road was not repaired so the road is rough and they don’t want to drive their cars on it.
Council went into executive session.
Council is out of executive session with no decisions made.
Fred Redfern wanted to discuss the haunted school. He asked if we had received a copy of the insurance or received the report back from the Fire Marshall and that it was forwarded to Fire Chief Ralph Hill. Council discussed this in further detail. Mayor Lantz stated that he would get a hold of the Fire Chief and let him know what he finds out.
Mayor Lantz adjourned the meeting.
Brittany Ross Darrell Lantz
Fiscal Officer Mayor