Council Workshop Minutes Monday, October 24, 2016
Mayor Redfern called the meeting to order. Present were Chris Rice, Scott Locke, Bill Hampton, Billie Smith, Jan Driggs, and Chris Mohler. Tom Collins was present.
- First item on Brittany’s agenda was a Fund Summary report that was updated throughout the end of the day with most transfers done and all bills paid.
- Next item on her agenda is an FYI for Council in regards to the premium for 2017 Worker’s Compensation that has to be paid by January 3, 2017 totaling $31,155.83. Bureau of Worker’s Compensations changed their reporting and premium requirements to paying it in advance instead of after the year is over. Council discussed this in further detail.
- Ben Carpenter was present to discuss with Council about his campaign in regards to running for Perry County Commissioner. He discussed what all he would be doing as well as working on to help improve the County. Council asked him questions about what he can do. He stated that he would be a full time Commissioner. Council discussed what great work he has done with the Flood Plains.
- Tom explained to Council that the Mayor, he, and a few other employees met with Ryan in regards to updating the Village Website. Tom stated that we just received the proposal this afternoon and would need to look over it some more before anything is set in stone. This was discussed in further detail about the specifics on what he will be doing. The goal is for each department head to be able to log in and update the specific portion of the website that applies to them.
- The next item on the agenda was to let Council know that the Park camera is unrepairable and needs replaced. George is going to meet with Axis to see about a cost and what can be done.
- Last item on his agenda was to let Council know that the Boom Mower work has been complete and the guys did a great job at getting to all the streets they wanted to accomplish as well as around the East Hill tank.
- Mayor Redfern let Council know that the County received a grant for $525,000 and asked if Crooksville had any houses that needed put on the list for being removed. Council discussed which houses to put on the list.
- Tom let Council know that he as well as Mayor Redfern would be going to the Ohio Municipal League Conference Wednesday through Friday.
- Council went into executive session per ORC 121.22 (G) (1) to discuss personnel.
Council is out of executive session with no decisions made.
Chief Walters stated that they would be having a Birthday party for Wayne Frash Wednesday who turned 80 if anyone would like to come. He also stated that they will be having a fundraiser to get a paint job done on the Plymouth and whatever they fall short the officers will all chip in. They are selling raffle tickets to win a wreath and all the proceeds will go towards Chuck Wood’s funeral expenses.
Mayor Redfern explained that he asked Angel today who all has not turned in their acknowledgement for the Tobacco Policy and he explained that as far as he knows the Fire/ EMS Departments are ones that have not turned theirs in.
Council discussed if there were any updates on this accident that was being inquired about that happened back in May. This was forwarded to the Solicitor and is now in the hands of the Insurance Agent so it is all being taken care of.
Mayor Redfern discussed having drug testing done if involved in an incident. This was discussed by Council. This will be looked into further and see what needs to be done.
Mayor Redfern adjourned the meeting.
Brittany Ross Fred Redfern
Fiscal Officer Mayor