Council Workshop Minutes Monday, October 27, 2014
Mayor Lantz called the meeting to order. Present were Chris Rice, Fred Redfern, Bill Hampton, Jan Driggs, and Chris Mohler. Tom Collins was also present. Bill Dennis was absent.
- Council was given a Fund Summary Report
- FYI to council that the ad for Heritage Hall will run in the Perry County Tribune the next five consecutively as required by Ordinance.
- Mayor Lantz stated that Council had been given a letter from the American Legion to discuss the problem they are having with the parking lot.
- Tom stated that Council needs to make a decision about the handicap parking at Peach’s Restaurant. Council discussed this in further detail about the pros and cons and location.
- The next item on Tom’s agenda was an estimate given to Council for Griffin Pavement Striping to paint markings on newly paved streets. They discussed which streets this covered and if there are any other streets that need added.
- Tom has given Council an estimate for a new Ford F-350 w/ snow plow equipment to replace the 96 Dodge Street Truck with the state purchasing price.
- Tom stated that Linn Engineering submitted the final plans for Wilson Street and stated that if Council wanted to discuss the paving and storm drain issues now would be the time. Council discussed this in further detail.
- Council discussed a leak problem that is going on up around Wilson Street and what the causes could be.
- Council was given an FYI that the water plant was broken into again for the 5th time. It was discussed on what could be done to try and prevent this.
- Mayor Lantz stated that Police Chief Walters and Brittany put together information on if it is within the budget to hire a full time officer. Council discussed this and stated that this needs to be advertised.
- Council stated that trick or treat will be Thursday night at 5:30pm.
Mayor Lantz adjourned the meeting.
Brittany Ross Darrell Lantz
Fiscal Officer Mayor