Council Workshop Minutes Monday, November 9, 2015
Chris Mohler called the meeting to order. Present were Fred Redfern, Bill Hampton, Billie Smith, and Jan Driggs,. Tom Collins was present. Mayor Lantz and Chris Rice were absent.
- Murphie Rambo was present to discuss with Council about the next building project in Crooksville for Habitat for Humanity. It was stated that there needs to be more volunteers in order for this to work well. She explained this in further detail and stated that it should be about July of 2016 when this will begin.
- Council was given an updated Fund Summary Report with revenue updated through today as well as all transfers done and most bills paid.
- Council was given a copy of the Burr oak Bill.
- Council was given the monthly water billing report as well as the requested information from the Income Tax Supervisor.
- A copy of the 2016 Appropriations was given to Council to look over and Brittany stated that the first reading will be next week. She stated that she looked at what was spend so far this year compared to what she already had together and adjusted what she felt was needed.
- Next on the agenda is the discussion on trash hauler bid packets. She explained that she has given them all a copy of the original bid packet as well as the new one with Jan’s recommendations added to it. Council went over Jan’s recommendations and made changes that she will incorporate into the new bid packet. Council wanted to compare to other Villages and municipalities and whether they do their own billing. It was brought to Council’s attention as to the money they will lose for the trash hauling permit fees as well as money spent at local businesses. Council stated that a complain procedure needs put together and suggested asking Tom Maedke about what a reasonable request would be for trash haulers in regards to insurance.
- The next item on the agenda is a discussion on putting the utilities back in the property owner’s name. Fred Redfern asked for this to be put on the agenda for vote next week. This also brought up if this was the case, what would happen to the guarantee deposit fund.
- A discussion on purchasing a new computer for the Mayor’s office was brought up and it was stated that this was discussed earlier in the year and already approved.
- Council went into executive session per ORC 121.22 (G) (1) Personnel.
Council is out of executive session with no decisions made.
Chris Mohler adjourned the meeting.
Brittany Ross Chris Mohler
Fiscal Officer President Pro Tem