Council Workshop Minutes Monday, November 14, 2016
Mayor Redfern called the meeting to order. Present were Chris Rice, Scott Locke, Bill Hampton, Billie Smith, and Chris Mohler. Tom Collins was present. Jan Driggs was absent.
- First item on Brittany’s agenda was a Fund Summary report that was updated throughout the end of the day with most transfers done and all bills paid.
- Next item on her agenda was a discussion and final thoughts on the Website Proposal. Brittany explained that she agreed with most of the proposal with the exception of not feeling there is a need for the password manager and the option to pass on the google accounts for the time being. She explained that we currently pay $60/ month but would like to step up to the $85/ month due to putting the required updates or backups onto DS Knights responsibility. Tom explained that $600 of this was for training that is needed for each department head to be able to update their specific section on the website. This was discussed in further detail. Mayor Redfern asked if all was in agreement and Council stated that they are and was wondering if there was an estimated timeframe of when this would be complete.
- Tom explained that the first item on his agenda was just to let Council know that he has a meeting with Playworld Wednesday the 16th in regards to a Splash Park to replace the section we have for the Baby Pool. He stated that Scott Locke would be attending as well.
- The next item on his agenda was the 2016 Hit List that was requested by Mr. Mohler for Council to look over. Council discussed this in further detail and asked each of the Council members to send him a list of six projects they feel is prioritized.
- A discussion on temporary terminations was the next item on Tom’s agenda. He explained that we are getting people wanting to temporarily terminate their water for a short period of time and discussed setting a time limit that should be set in order for them to have this option available. Council discussed making this a minimum of 12 months. Tom brought up and questioned Council if all the properties that have utilities are abandoned if they get a tap when the new waterlines are done. Council discussed setting a time frame of at least a year in order to qualify for temporary termination and would only need to amend what is currently in place. This was discussed in further detail.
- The last item on Tom’s agenda was an update on the Waterline Project. He explained that IBI received the two checks for the Railroad permits and they just sent plans to the Army Corps for review. The Army Corp Engineer review will take approximately 90 days before the bidding process can begin. So it is looking around March 2017 which would make it summer when construction would get started.
- Scott Locke asked where we were with the old Municipal Building and getting it torn down. Tom stated that he will be getting estimates on it.
- Mayor Redfern stated that he called Morgan County to explain to them that we are selling Dam 1 & 2 if they were interested but has not received a call back.
- Roseville Police Chief Joey Carr explained that their levy was turned down and this affects the operating fund for Police, Fire, and EMS in Roseville. He explained that Roseville will be trying to put back on the ballot for a special election to get this passed in 2017.
Chris Rice asked if the Climbing Wall reopening was added to the Website as well as the Community Channel and Brittany stated that it was.
Mayor Redfern adjourned the meeting.
Brittany Ross Fred Redfern
Fiscal Officer Mayor