Council Workshop Minutes Monday, December 14, 2015
Chris Mohler called the meeting to order. Present were Fred Redfern, Bill Hampton, Billie Smith, and Jan Driggs. Tom Collins was present. Mayor Lantz and Brittany Ross were absent.
- The first item on Tom’s agenda was to inform Council he has ordered the maintenance agreement for I2C support and audio/video module for taping Council sessions. He stated that all of Council received a copy of the quote to look over for this.
- Next on his agenda was to explain to Council that he as well as Fred Redfern attended a meeting with the County Commissioners as well as RCAP and Portman’s office about the flood that occurred back in 2004. Fred Redfern explained that there will be another meeting on January 20th to bring in additional people to have input for flood mitigation. This will be to see what federal/state government monies are available to help with this.
- Tom stated that last week we received a donation of $400 from VFW for the Park and Rec fund. Fred Redfern stated that he would send them a letter thanking them for this donation.
- He stated that the next item on his agenda is a quote for buying a saltdogg spreader for the rear of the F-550 dump truck. This will be on the agenda to approve or disapprove next week.
- Tom stated that another thing that Council needs to think about is in regards to the septic tanks. He would like to get another 100 septic tanks approved to be pumped the second official meeting in 2016.
- Police Chief Walters gave Council his Police Report for November. He stated that calls were up and have had break ins. The auxiliary officers donated 282 hours for the month of November. Chief Walters stated that the Police Department may receive $1,360 for training this year as well as some grants that may be coming up that he is going to be looking at.
- Fire/EMS Chief Ralph Hill was present to discuss replacing SCBA masks for the guys and needs to order 10-12; they are approximately $287 apiece. Chief Hill explained to Council about what upgrades were done. He stated that there are grants he is looking at and will be trying to get. He also explained that the brakes on the brush truck were going out of it so it is going to the shop.
- Council went into executive session for Personnel.
Council is out of executive session with no decisions made.
Chris Mohler adjourned the meeting.
Brittany Ross Chris Mohler
Fiscal Officer President Pro Tem