Fire and Emergency Medical Services (EMS)
The primary area of coverage is the Village of Crooksville; Harrison Township, Bearfield Township and Clayton Township in Perry County; and York Township in Morgan County.
Fire personnel are all volunteer; and the EMS personnel are part-time, paid employees. The EMS personnel provide 24-hour paid coverage.
There are 20 volunteer firefighters and 15 of the firefighters are cross-trained in emergency medical services. In addition, there are 16 EMS personnel.
The officers of the department are:
- Fire Chief Ralph Hill
- Assistant Chief Dyrall Newlon
- Fire Captain Cody Ketcham
- Fire Lieutenant Dan Rodgers
- Lieutenant Brian Watts
- Lieutenant Aaron Norris
Annual Number of Runs
The department averages 1600 EMS runs per year and 220 fire runs per year.
Fire Department Equipment
Fire Department equipment includes:
- Two Advanced-Life-Support (ALS) Ambulances
- One Engine
- One Engine/Rescue equipped with Jaws of Life
- One 2000-gallon Tanker
- One Brush Truck
- One Utility Task Vehicle (UTV) equipped with grass and brush fire capabilities
- One boat
Contact the Fire Department
- Crooksville Fire Department
531 Walnut Street
Emergency Calls: 911
Non-Emergency Calls: (740) 982-6801
Fax: (740) 982-2055